Re: Seeking family Yon/Thomas

  • peter_cluer
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 2004
      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Dorothy Yon
      <d4dot2004@y...> wrote:
      > Douglas Yon (born in Cape Town, now residing in Melbourne
      Australia) will visit St Helena for a cou0le of days in April 2005.
      Am eldest son of Revil and grandson of Frank Roman Yon and Beryl
      Johanna (nee Thomas) married on St Helena, prior to migrating to Cape
      town with children Jack, Frank and Donald in early 1900.

      > Very interested in roots, will welcome info on relatives on the
      island.

      > Regards
      >

      > ---------------------------------
    • wienernicolette
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 16, 2005
        Hi, Dorothy
        I am not sure if we are related, but this is the information i could
        get from my grandfather, George Stephen Yon.
        His father was William Boisse Yon who had siblings John, George,
        Mary and Sarah. They were all from St Helena. His father married
        Jane neè Goss of Somerset East. He worked on the Port Elizabeth
        breakwater as a diver's attendant.

        My grandfather's siblings were Ernest, William, Caroline, Macy
        (Franks) and Robert. My grandfather married Edith Lee Jones.

        If you have any information please let me know urgently. My
        grandfather turns 92 this year and I would like to present him with
        a family tree for his birthday.

        Thanking you.

        Kind regards

        Nicolette Wiener (neè Yon)
      • gnorris51
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 14, 2005
          --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "wienernicolette" <wienernicolette@y...>
          wrote:

          > Hi, Dorothy
          > I am not sure if we are related, but this is the information i could
          > get from my grandfather, George Stephen Yon.
          > His father was William Boisse Yon who had siblings John, George,
          > Mary and Sarah. They were all from St Helena. His father married
          > Jane neè Goss of Somerset East. He worked on the Port Elizabeth
          > breakwater as a diver's attendant.
          >
          > My grandfather's siblings were Ernest, William, Caroline, Macy
          > (Franks) and Robert. My grandfather married Edith Lee Jones.
          >
          > If you have any information please let me know urgently. My
          > grandfather turns 92 this year and I would like to present him with
          > a family tree for his birthday.
          >
          > Thanking you.

          > Kind regards
          >
          > Nicolette Wiener (neè Yon)

          Nicolette:

          I know a few threads - Sarah Corker married somebody YON whose daughter was named
          Daphne (Babsie)

          Genie Norris Murphy