Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: The "Thomas" surname on St Helena

  • DavSpread@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
      I think you will find the 1814 census here.
      David.
    • Mark Hall
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
        David

        Thanks for that. I've had a look and no Reed family appears. I don't suppose there's a list of all passenger arrivals between 1814 and 1823 anywhere is there?

        Mark

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
          Hi Mark,
          I do not know; but have been reading the book produced by the www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and it refers to shipping lists in the context of immigration from the UK.
          I am sure others on this list will be far more knowledgeable on the subject.
          Regards,
          David.

        • dngskll
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
            Hello Mark,

            Try Googleing - The Saint Helena Institute - and select the one -
            incl. Ascension Island & Tristan da Cunha. There's lots of info and
            links there. Including a link to this site.

            Regards,

            Diane

            --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, DavSpread@... wrote:

            > Hi Mark,
            > I do not know; but have been reading the book produced by the
            > _www.nationalarchives.gov.uk_ (http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)
            and it refers to
            > shipping lists in the context of immigration from the UK.
            > I am sure others on this list will be far more knowledgeable on
            the subject.
            > Regards,
            > David.

          • Charles Le Breton
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
              Hi Mark,

              1814 St. Helena census site is at following:

              Good luck.

              Chas Le Breton

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
                Sorry missed this email before. Suggest you try all other headings and link from same web site. Also be aware of different spellings as I found my Le Breton  ancestor listed as Le Briton. Could be Read, Reid etc. Probably also worth trying immigration including to South Africa as often not direct. Presume you have already tried Google etc.

                Regards

                Chas Le Breton