Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: The "Thomas" surname on St Helena

  • Mark Hall
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
      Diane

      I notice you mention the 1814 census in your message. Do you have access to the whole census for St Helena? Is it possible to access this census online?

      I am looking for anyone by the name of Reed on the island at that time as my wife's Gt-Gt-Gt-Grandfather was John Reed b.c.1823 St Helena, so it's possible his parents were on the island at the time.

      regards
      Mark

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
        I think you will find the 1814 census here.
        David.
      • Mark Hall
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
          David

          Thanks for that. I've had a look and no Reed family appears. I don't suppose there's a list of all passenger arrivals between 1814 and 1823 anywhere is there?

          Mark

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
            Hi Mark,
            I do not know; but have been reading the book produced by the www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and it refers to shipping lists in the context of immigration from the UK.
            I am sure others on this list will be far more knowledgeable on the subject.
            Regards,
            David.

          • dngskll
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
              Hello Mark,

              Try Googleing - The Saint Helena Institute - and select the one -
              incl. Ascension Island & Tristan da Cunha. There's lots of info and
              links there. Including a link to this site.

              Regards,

              Diane

              --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, DavSpread@... wrote:

              > Hi Mark,
              > I do not know; but have been reading the book produced by the
              > _www.nationalarchives.gov.uk_ (http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)
              and it refers to
              > shipping lists in the context of immigration from the UK.
              > I am sure others on this list will be far more knowledgeable on
              the subject.
              > Regards,
              > David.

            • Charles Le Breton
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
                Hi Mark,

                1814 St. Helena census site is at following:

                Good luck.

                Chas Le Breton

[...]

                It has removed 1104 spam emails to date.
                Try SPAMfighter for free now!
              • Charles Le Breton
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
                  Sorry missed this email before. Suggest you try all other headings and link from same web site. Also be aware of different spellings as I found my Le Breton  ancestor listed as Le Briton. Could be Read, Reid etc. Probably also worth trying immigration including to South Africa as often not direct. Presume you have already tried Google etc.

                  Regards

                  Chas Le Breton