family trees

  • cryswil27
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 4, 2007
      Hi - on the old website link we had access to the YON family trees -
      where do i find it now? I can't seem to get access to the old link -
      I've just come across some information that my great-great-
      grandmother was possibly a YON - so i need to check that family
      trees again. Murphy's law was that i deleted the word documents that
      i downloaded off my computer last week!!! and now last night someone
      tells me she was a YON!

      Thanx!
      Crystal - Cape Town - South Africa

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "dngskll"
      <diane_202@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know when the surname Thomas became so numerous on the
      > island. In the 1814 census there appeared to be only 1 Thomas.
      This
      > must mean that the name quickly became popular from some other
      source.
      > My G Grandmother Henrietta Thomas was born in Jamestown in 1848.
      Her
      > father Evan Thomas married and died on the island but I could not
      find
      > birth evidence. From his death entry he was born c1822. This
      brick
      > wall as to who his parents were and where he was born has been
      blocking
      > my research for 2 years. His name sounds Welsh. Perhaps his
      father
      > brought his family over with a regimental posting? Any guesses at
      this
      > stage would be welcome. Have any other "Thomas" researchers
      managed to
      > delve further back than the middle of the 19th century?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Diane

    • tina wakefield
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 5, 2007
        Hi Diane,

        In 1802 my ancestor Geo Thomas had a child, called Alice Thomas, by his wife Dolly Chatham (who was a slave of the Honorable Company). There may have been more children from the marriage. Alice was born 'f'ree' not a slave.

        In 1825 Alice Thomas had a child called Dorothea Essex by her husband William Essex( a drummer in the St Helena Regt) .

        In 1843 Dorothea had a child babtised, father unknown, called Amelia George - who married my greatgrandfather Charles Pemberton Hough and the family moved to England.

        Hope this us some use. It is impossible to go further back in the female line as Dolly came from Madagascar on a slave ship and thee are no more records.

        Tina

        dngskll <diane_202@...> wrote:
        Does anyone know when the surname Thomas became so numerous on the
        island. In the 1814 census there appeared to be only 1 Thomas. This
        must mean that the name quickly became popular from some other source.
        My G Grandmother Henrietta Thomas was born in Jamestown in 1848. Her
        father Evan Thomas married and died on the island but I could not find
        birth evidence. From his death entry he was born c1822. This brick
        wall as to who his parents were and where he was born has been blocking
        my research for 2 years. His name sounds Welsh. Perhaps his father
        brought his family over with a regimental posting? Any guesses at this
        stage would be welcome. Have any other "Thomas" researchers managed to
        delve further back than the middle of the 19th century?

        Thanks,

        Diane

      • bty760432
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 6, 2007
          --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, tina wakefield
          <tina.wakefield@...> wrote:

          > Hi Diane,
          >
          > In 1802 my ancestor Geo Thomas had a child, called Alice Thomas,
          by his wife Dolly Chatham (who was a slave of the Honorable
          Company). There may have been more children from the marriage. Alice
          was born 'f'ree' not a slave.

          > In 1825 Alice Thomas had a child called Dorothea Essex by her
          husband William Essex( a drummer in the St Helena Regt) .

          > In 1843 Dorothea had a child babtised, father unknown, called
          Amelia George - who married my greatgrandfather Charles Pemberton
          Hough and the family moved to England.

          > Hope this us some use. It is impossible to go further back in
          the female line as Dolly came from Madagascar on a slave ship and
          thee are no more records.

          > Tina
          >
          > dngskll <diane_202@...> wrote:
          > Does anyone know when the surname Thomas became so
          numerous on the
          > island. In the 1814 census there appeared to be only 1 Thomas.
          This
          > must mean that the name quickly became popular from some other
          source.
          > My G Grandmother Henrietta Thomas was born in Jamestown in 1848.
          Her
          > father Evan Thomas married and died on the island but I could not
          find
          > birth evidence. From his death entry he was born c1822. This brick
          > wall as to who his parents were and where he was born has been
          blocking
          > my research for 2 years. His name sounds Welsh. Perhaps his father
          > brought his family over with a regimental posting? Any guesses at
          this
          > stage would be welcome. Have any other "Thomas" researchers
          managed to
          > delve further back than the middle of the 19th century?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Diane
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing.
          Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and
          win prizes.

        • Diane Gaskell
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 7, 2007
            Hi Tina,

            Thanks for your reply. Your ancestor Geo Thomas came from where? He is not
            mentioned in the 1814 census so he could have died before then but the name
            Thomas is still only mentioned once in the census. A Thomas Thomas. Alice
            is not mentioned although she is still obviously on the island. Perhaps
            because she is now a married woman and has changed her name? The name
            Essex is not on the census because William her husband is in the St. Helena
            Regiment and would have been included in the bulk military entry I presume.
            Therefore all the Thomases seem to have disappeared.

            Do you see my problem? My Thomas family must have arrived from elsewhere
            (unless we're all decended from 1 man!!!) and I can only guess from the
            military which is a big brick wall.

            Once again, thanks for replying.

            Regards,

            Diane
          • dngskll
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 7, 2007
              Hi Tina,

              I've sent this reply once but it seems to have got lost. Anyway this
              is the repeat.

              --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "bty760432"
              <tina.wakefield@...> wrote:

              > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, tina wakefield
              > <tina.wakefield@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Diane,
              > >
              > > In 1802 my ancestor Geo Thomas had a child, called Alice
              Thomas,
              > by his wife Dolly Chatham (who was a slave of the Honorable
              > Company). There may have been more children from the marriage.
              Alice
              > was born 'f'ree' not a slave.
              > >
              > > In 1825 Alice Thomas had a child called Dorothea Essex by her
              > husband William Essex( a drummer in the St Helena Regt) .
              > >
              > > In 1843 Dorothea had a child babtised, father unknown, called
              > Amelia George - who married my greatgrandfather Charles Pemberton
              > Hough and the family moved to England.
              > >
              > > Hope this us some use. It is impossible to go further back in
              > the female line as Dolly came from Madagascar on a slave ship and
              > thee are no more records.
              > >
              > > Tina
              > >
              > > dngskll <diane_202@> wrote:
              > > Does anyone know when the surname Thomas became so
              > numerous on the
              > > island. In the 1814 census there appeared to be only 1 Thomas.
              > This
              > > must mean that the name quickly became popular from some other
              > source.
              > > My G Grandmother Henrietta Thomas was born in Jamestown in 1848.
              > Her
              > > father Evan Thomas married and died on the island but I could not
              > find
              > > birth evidence. From his death entry he was born c1822. This
              brick
              > > wall as to who his parents were and where he was born has been
              > blocking
              > > my research for 2 years. His name sounds Welsh. Perhaps his
              father
              > > brought his family over with a regimental posting? Any guesses at
              > this
              > > stage would be welcome. Have any other "Thomas" researchers
              > managed to
              > > delve further back than the middle of the 19th century?
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > >
              > > Diane
              > >

              > > ---------------------------------
              > > New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing.
              > Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games
              and
              > win prizes.

            • bty760432
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 10, 2007
                Hi Diane,

                My detailed info comes from the Babtism records in the office on St
                Helena which I visited two years ago. The exact records are -

                1802
                Babtised Alice Thomas daughter of Geo: Thomas and Dolly Chatham Free

                1829
                Babtised - Dorothea Essex June 11th 1829
                Parents - Wiliam Essex, Drummer Artillary Band
                - Alice Thomas

                I am visiting again this August and if I see anything related to the
                Thomas family before 1814 I will let you know. I intend to
                investigate the Essex side of the family this year.

                Tina

                --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Diane Gaskell"
                <diane_202@...> wrote:

                > Hi Tina,
                >
                > Thanks for your reply. Your ancestor Geo Thomas came from where?
                He is not
                > mentioned in the 1814 census so he could have died before then but
                the name
                > Thomas is still only mentioned once in the census. A Thomas
                Thomas. Alice
                > is not mentioned although she is still obviously on the island.
                Perhaps
                > because she is now a married woman and has changed her name? The
                name
                > Essex is not on the census because William her husband is in the
                St. Helena
                > Regiment and would have been included in the bulk military entry I
                presume.
                > Therefore all the Thomases seem to have disappeared.
                >
                > Do you see my problem? My Thomas family must have arrived from
                elsewhere
                > (unless we're all decended from 1 man!!!) and I can only guess
                from the
                > military which is a big brick wall.
                >
                > Once again, thanks for replying.
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > Diane

              • dngskll
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 12, 2007
                  Hello Tina,

                  I also visited the island a few years ago, which is where I obtained
                  my information re my Thomas family. It's a beautiful island and I
                  wish I could visit again. I could trace the female side back to 1800
                  but not the male line. Hence my original question about the origin
                  of the name.

                  I have arranged to see the St Helena pension and muster rolls 1789-
                  1859 at my local LDS reading room. If I find anything re your Essex
                  line, I'll let you know. In theory these rolls contain the name,
                  rank, regiment etc. fot soldiers serving on St. Helena. I'm hoping
                  the Thomas name will be amongst them with enough info to tie into my
                  family.

                  Regards,

                  Diane

                  <tina.wakefield@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Diane,
                  >
                  > My detailed info comes from the Babtism records in the office on
                  St
                  > Helena which I visited two years ago. The exact records are -
                  >
                  > 1802
                  > Babtised Alice Thomas daughter of Geo: Thomas and Dolly Chatham Free
                  >
                  > 1829
                  > Babtised - Dorothea Essex June 11th 1829
                  > Parents - Wiliam Essex, Drummer Artillary Band
                  > - Alice Thomas
                  >
                  > I am visiting again this August and if I see anything related to
                  the
                  > Thomas family before 1814 I will let you know. I intend to
                  > investigate the Essex side of the family this year.
                  >
                  > Tina
                  >

                  > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Diane Gaskell"
                  > <diane_202@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Tina,
                  > >
                  > > Thanks for your reply. Your ancestor Geo Thomas came from
                  where?
                  > He is not
                  > > mentioned in the 1814 census so he could have died before then
                  but
                  > the name
                  > > Thomas is still only mentioned once in the census. A Thomas
                  > Thomas. Alice
                  > > is not mentioned although she is still obviously on the island.
                  > Perhaps
                  > > because she is now a married woman and has changed her name?
                  The
                  > name
                  > > Essex is not on the census because William her husband is in the
                  > St. Helena
                  > > Regiment and would have been included in the bulk military entry
                  > presume.
                  > > Therefore all the Thomases seem to have disappeared.
                  > >
                  > > Do you see my problem? My Thomas family must have arrived from
                  > elsewhere
                  > > (unless we're all decended from 1 man!!!) and I can only guess
                  > from the
                  > > military which is a big brick wall.
                  > >
                  > > Once again, thanks for replying.
                  > >
                  > > Regards,
                  > >
                  > > Diane

                • Genie Murphy
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 7, 2007
                    Dear Diane:

                    I saw your posting and don't know if this helps but I also have some descendents from St. Helena  that may be of interest.

                    Victoria Corker, my grandmothers sister, married a Robert Essex and they had  one daughter, Charlotte and six sons, Robert, Fred, George, Albert, Norman and Joseph.  George had a son Jeffrey born in 1936.  There is also a reference to a Hilda Ellen Thomas who was born in 1890 and married Henry James Corker (my grandmothers brother. Also a reference to a Winifred May Thomas who married Belfred Ronald Corker.  These may be entirely different lines but I thought I would pass this along.

                    Genie Murphy (USA)   Descendent from the Corker family on the Island.

                    <tina.wakefield@...> wrote:

                    > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, tina wakefield
                    > <tina.wakefield@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi Diane,
                    > >
                    > > In 1802 my ancestor Geo Thomas had a child, called Alice
                    Thomas,
                    > by his wife Dolly Chatham (who was a slave of the Honorable
                    > Company). There may have been more children from the marriage.
                    Alice
                    > was born 'f'ree' not a slave.
                    > >
                    > > In 1825 Alice Thomas had a child called Dorothea Essex by her
                    > husband William Essex( a drummer in the St Helena Regt) .
                    > >
                    > > In 1843 Dorothea had a child babtised, father unknown, called
                    > Amelia George - who married my greatgrandfather Charles Pemberton
                    > Hough and the family moved to England.
                    > >
                    > > Hope this us some use. It is impossible to go further back in
                    > the female line as Dolly came from Madagascar on a slave ship and
                    > thee are no more records.
                    > >
                    > > Tina
                    > >
                    > > dngskll <diane_202@> wrote:
                    > > Does anyone know when the surname Thomas became so
                    > numerous on the
                    > > island. In the 1814 census there appeared to be only 1 Thomas.
                    > This
                    > > must mean that the name quickly became popular from some other
                    > source.
                    > > My G Grandmother Henrietta Thomas was born in Jamestown in 1848.
                    > Her
                    > > father Evan Thomas married and died on the island but I could not
                    > find
                    > > birth evidence. From his death entry he was born c1822. This
                    brick
                    > > wall as to who his parents were and where he was born has been
                    > blocking
                    > > my research for 2 years. His name sounds Welsh. Perhaps his
                    father
                    > > brought his family over with a regimental posting? Any guesses at
                    > this
                    > > stage would be welcome. Have any other "Thomas" researchers
                    > managed to
                    > > delve further back than the middle of the 19th century?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks,
                    > >
                    > > Diane
                    > >

                    > > ---------------------------------
                    > > New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing.
                    > Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games
                    and
                    > win prizes.

                  • Hyacinth Clayton
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 9, 2007
                      Hi there,
                      I have received this mail by mistake. It was suppose to go to dngsklldiane_202@... Can someone please look into this. Thanks.

                      Hyacinth

                      <tina.wakefield@ ...> wrote:

                      > --- In st-helena-genealogy @yahoogroups. com, tina wakefield
                      > <tina.wakefield@ > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi Diane,
                      > >
                      > > In 1802 my ancestor Geo Thomas had a child, called Alice
                      Thomas,
                      > by his wife Dolly Chatham (who was a slave of the Honorable
                      > Company). There may have been more children from the marriage.
                      Alice
                      > was born 'f'ree' not a slave.
                      > >
                      > > In 1825 Alice Thomas had a child called Dorothea Essex by her
                      > husband William Essex( a drummer in the St Helena Regt) .
                      > >
                      > > In 1843 Dorothea had a child babtised, father unknown, called
                      > Amelia George - who married my greatgrandfather Charles Pemberton
                      > Hough and the family moved to England.
                      > >
                      > > Hope this us some use. It is impossible to go further back in
                      > the female line as Dolly came from Madagascar on a slave ship and
                      > thee are no more records.
                      > >
                      > > Tina
                      > >
                      > > dngskll <diane_202@> wrote:
                      > > Does anyone know when the surname Thomas became so
                      > numerous on the
                      > > island. In the 1814 census there appeared to be only 1 Thomas.
                      > This
                      > > must mean that the name quickly became popular from some other
                      > source.
                      > > My G Grandmother Henrietta Thomas was born in Jamestown in 1848.
                      > Her
                      > > father Evan Thomas married and died on the island but I could not
                      > find
                      > > birth evidence. From his death entry he was born c1822. This
                      brick
                      > > wall as to who his parents were and where he was born has been
                      > blocking
                      > > my research for 2 years. His name sounds Welsh. Perhaps his
                      father
                      > > brought his family over with a regimental posting? Any guesses at
                      > this
                      > > stage would be welcome. Have any other "Thomas" researchers
                      > managed to
                      > > delve further back than the middle of the 19th century?
                      > >
                      > > Thanks,
                      > >
                      > > Diane
                      > >

                      > > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                      > > New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing.
                      > Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games
                      and
                      > win prizes.

                    • Hyacinth Clayton
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 9, 2007
                        Hope this message goes to the right person

                        Hyacinth Clayton <hyacinthfmclayton@...> wrote:
                        Hi there,
                        I have received this mail by mistake. It was suppose to go to dngsklldiane_202@hotmail. com Can someone please look into this. Thanks.

                        Hyacinth

                        <tina.wakefield@ ...> wrote:

                        > --- In st-helena-genealogy @yahoogroups. com, tina wakefield
                        > <tina.wakefield@ > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi Diane,
                        > >
                        > > In 1802 my ancestor Geo Thomas had a child, called Alice
                        Thomas,
                        > by his wife Dolly Chatham (who was a slave of the Honorable
                        > Company). There may have been more children from the marriage.
                        Alice
                        > was born 'f'ree' not a slave.
                        > >
                        > > In 1825 Alice Thomas had a child called Dorothea Essex by her
                        > husband William Essex( a drummer in the St Helena Regt) .
                        > >
                        > > In 1843 Dorothea had a child babtised, father unknown, called
                        > Amelia George - who married my greatgrandfather Charles Pemberton
                        > Hough and the family moved to England.
                        > >
                        > > Hope this us some use. It is impossible to go further back in
                        > the female line as Dolly came from Madagascar on a slave ship and
                        > thee are no more records.
                        > >
                        > > Tina
                        > >
                        > > dngskll <diane_202@> wrote:
                        > > Does anyone know when the surname Thomas became so
                        > numerous on the
                        > > island. In the 1814 census there appeared to be only 1 Thomas.
                        > This
                        > > must mean that the name quickly became popular from some other
                        > source.
                        > > My G Grandmother Henrietta Thomas was born in Jamestown in 1848.
                        > Her
                        > > father Evan Thomas married and died on the island but I could not
                        > find
                        > > birth evidence. From his death entry he was born c1822. This
                        brick
                        > > wall as to who his parents were and where he was born has been
                        > blocking
                        > > my research for 2 years. His name sounds Welsh. Perhaps his
                        father
                        > > brought his family over with a regimental posting? Any guesses at
                        > this
                        > > stage would be welcome. Have any other "Thomas" researchers
                        > managed to
                        > > delve further back than the middle of the 19th century?
                        > >
                        > > Thanks,
                        > >
                        > > Diane
                        > >

                        > > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                        > > New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing.
                        > Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games
                        and
                        > win prizes.

                      • jamesteebee
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 9, 2007
                          Hello Hyacinth,

                          I think you should change your settings, by going to 'Edit
                          Membership' and choosing 'web only' as option for reading messages.I
                          think this should do the trick.
                          I must say, personally, I'm glad to read all the posts as they come
                          and will take this opportunity to say hello to all the listers again.

                          Regards

                          James Brookes

                          Regards --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Hyacinth Clayton
                          <hyacinthfmclayton@...> wrote:

> [...]
                          > > blocking
                          > > > my research for 2 years. His name sounds Welsh. Perhaps his
                          > father
                          > > > brought his family over with a regimental posting? Any guesses
                          at
                          > > this
                          > > > stage would be welcome. Have any other "Thomas" researchers
                          > > managed to
                          > > > delve further back than the middle of the 19th century?
                          > > >
                          > > > Thanks,
                          > > >
                          > > > Diane
                          > > >

                          > > > ---------------------------------
                          > > > New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing.
                          > > Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games
                          > and
                          > > win prizes.
                          > > >

                          > ---------------------------------
                          > Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for
                          less, sign up for your free account today.

                          > ---------------------------------
                          > Yahoo! Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit
                          now.

                        • dngskll
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 9, 2007
                            Dear Genie,

                            Thanks for that. I didn't recognise any names matching my "Thomas"
                            family history but certainly the "Corker" name is well known from the
                            island.

                            I just cannot find any "Thomas" names before the middle of the 1800's
                            and am stumped as to where the name came from. It would appear that
                            not many folk can trace their "Thomas" back either. Obviously if
                            they are from slaves then that would explain no or very few records.
                            However, as my GGG Grandparents on the female side were both very
                            definately slaves, if the GGG Grandparents on the male side (Thomas)
                            were also slaves, wouldn't their grand children have had at least
                            some colouring to their skins? One of these grand children is my G
                            Grandmother.

                            Before anyone takes offence at the reference to colour, I infer no
                            prejudice, it's just that I don't know enough about genetics to find
                            out how the colour of skin is diluted by generation. I have assumed
                            that my Evan Thomas was "white" because his wife was from slaves
                            therefore assumed "black". His daughter, my G Grandmother does not
                            appear to be very dark skinned on the few photos I have and following
                            generations are all "white".

                            Another idea that my son put forward is that the "slaves" in the
                            family tree were in fact the son and daughter of slaves and masters!
                            This could then mean that my Evan could in theory be from slaves.
                            This has really got me confused now but I find the whole subject
                            fascinating and addictive.

                            Regards,

                            Diane
                            --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Genie Murphy
                            <genieandjim@...> wrote:

> [...]
                            > > Alice
                            > > > was born 'f'ree' not a slave.

                            > > > husband William Essex( a drummer in the St Helena Regt) .

                            > > > Amelia George - who married my greatgrandfather Charles
                            Pemberton
                            > > > Hough and the family moved to England.

                            > > > the female line as Dolly came from Madagascar on a slave ship
                            and
                            > > > thee are no more records.

                            > > > numerous on the
                            > > > This
                            > > > source.
                            > > > Her
                            > > > find
                            > > brick
                            > > > blocking
                            > > father
                            > > > this
                            > > > managed to

                            > > > Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games

                          • neil808548
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 9 2:09 AM
                              <diane_202@...> wrote:

> [...]
                              the
                              > > > Thomases seem to have disappeared.
                              > > >
                              > > > Do you see my problem? My Thomas family must have arrived from
                              > > > elsewhere (unless we're all decended from 1 man!!!) and I can
                              only
                              > > > guess from the military which is a big brick wall.
                              > > >
                              > > > Once again, thanks for replying.
                              > > >
                              > > > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "bty760432"

                              > > > Thomas,
                              > > > Alice

                              > Pemberton

                              > and

                              Thomas.
                              > 1848.
                              > not
                              This
                              > > > brick
                              > > > father
                              > guesses at

                              > > > and
                              > > > > >
                              > > > Hello. Have just joined the group and was fascinated by the
                              Thomas discussion. I might be able to help
                              William Thomas arrived on the ship HMS Eurydice on 29th September
                              1816 as a clerk on board. He worked for Mr Solomon provisioning
                              ships on the island and attended Napoleon's funeral and touched his
                              hand before his internment.He stayed on the island until his tragic
                              death by drowning in 1829 and fathered two children by Martha
                              Chippingdale - Evan born 1st Sept 1821 and Owen born 4 June 1824.
                              Evan married Ann Maria Phillips on 13 March 1843 and Owen married
                              Sarah Gentry on 8 August 1846>
                              William came from Coity near Bridgend South Wales and was the
                              brother of my partner's great great great grandmother Lettice Thomas

                              > > >I have had an article published on William and could forward
                              it if you are interested. The information on William is taken from a
                              collection of letters Willian wrote to his widowed mother Catherine
                              and sister Lettice

                              Neil

                            • dngskll
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 9 5:21 AM
                                Hello Neil,

                                I am tickled pink with the information that you have re Evan & Owen
                                Thomas. Evan is my G G Grandfather and his ancestry has been a huge
                                brick wall for years. I would very much appreciate any information
                                that you have. I couldn't find any entries in the St Helena archives
                                for Evan and Owen (although that doesn't mean they aren't there, just
                                I didn't see them) and have tried every genealogy site that I could
                                lay my hands on, trying to find them. I am interested in anything
                                pertaining to the family as I am researching far more than the direct
                                line. I'm going in as many directions as I can in an attempt to
                                understand the way of life and the personalities of the people in the
                                family tree. My email address is diane_202@....

                                Once again, many thanks for taking the time to reply,

                                Regards,

                                Diane.
                                --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "neil808548"