Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Alexander Frederick Charles Contest

  • sharon marshall
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21, 2004
      Hi there kingjohugo,
      If you send me your email address, I can send you a list of baptismal registers etc which are accessible from LDS family history centres around the world.
      Also, Sue and Urs Steiner have transcribed tombstones which may just help - ussteiner@...
      Regards
      Sharon Marshall
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2004
        <lisagbarnes@b...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        > I am tracing my famiy tree...i am writting 2 u from AUSTRALIA!! My
        > great great grand father Charles Contest or Coutest has listed on
        his
        > death certificate that he was born in St Helena...He died in
        > Australia in 1895 aged 60 it also stated that he had been in
        > australia 4 25years prior 2 his death...He has 2 brothers ALEXANDER
        > AND ALFRED can any 1 help ps...italso said he was a "negro"

        Hi Kingjohugo,

        I am a descendant of Charles Contest, a Negro from St Helena, i am
        also in Australia, if you wish to contact me please do.