Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Saints in SA

  • Genie Murphy
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 25, 2007
      Dear Mr. Le Breton:

      I live in the United States and have no other Le Breton connection.  We are the Corker, Thorpe, Ward lines but thank you for your prompt reply.

      genie Murphy
      On Mar 25, 2007, at 5:14 PM, Charles Le Breton wrote:

      That is a question we have asked ourselves. One of our distant Le Breton family members Captain John Le Breton (possibly son of Jean Le Breton and Esther Tracy Le Breton of Jersey) lived on island from at least 1814 as he appears in 1814 census. He married Elizabeth Newton and had daughter Lucy Tracy Le Breton among others. Lucy married Thomas Wills etc. I have looked at Villa Le Breton before but not aware of any connection. Note that there is still a Ruth Le Breton living on island but again have had no contact to date. Can provide more details if you are able to help. Do you live on island perhaps?

      Regards

      Chas Le Breton

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 25, 2007
        -Dear Charles & John Dady,
        Send me your private e-mail addresses, please. Yahoo is not
        dispatching the article (PDF file 797KB), via this Forum.
        Charles: I know about a Knipe family from the Southern Cape. I will
        see if I can get in contact with them.
        June

        -- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Le Breton"
        <charlesx@...> wrote:

        > Could I have a copy of article please. Not sure it will help but
        see the family name Knipe included so worth a try. Others of
        particular interest are Le Breton, Newton and Wills.

        > Thanking you.
        >
        > Charles Le Breton, New Zealand

      • Charles Le Breton
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 26, 2007
          Sorry forgot to do that charlesx@...

          Thanking you.

          Chas Le Breton

          <charlesx@.. .> wrote:

          > Could I have a copy of article please. Not sure it will help but
          see the family name Knipe included so worth a try. Others of
          particular interest are Le Breton, Newton and Wills.

          > Thanking you.
          >
          > Charles Le Breton, New Zealand

        • amclenn1
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 26, 2007
            Hi Genie

            I noticed you say you are from the Ward lines. Is this from St. Helena?

            thanks
            Adele

            --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Genie Murphy
            <genieandjim@...> wrote:

            > Dear Mr. Le Breton:
            >
            > I live in the United States and have no other Le Breton connection.
            > We are the Corker, Thorpe, Ward lines but thank you for your prompt
            > reply.
            >
            > genie Murphy
          • Genie Murphy
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 26, 2007
              Hi Adele

              Yes - my grandmother's sister Fainbridge Corker  married Fred Ward and they had a son Fred Ward who died on the island in 1994 However he had a daughter Yelka who lives in the united states in Oklahoma.  They also had three other children, Betty, James, Peggy and Dotty.  I have lots of information about this line if you are interested.

              Regards,
              Genie

              <genieandjim@...> wrote:

              > Dear Mr. Le Breton:
              >
              > I live in the United States and have no other Le Breton connection.
              > We are the Corker, Thorpe, Ward lines but thank you for your prompt
              > reply.
              >
              > genie Murphy

            • amclenn1
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 27, 2007
                Hi Genie

                The Ward family I'm looking for were back in Britain by the later
                part of the 19th century. I don't know if one or some of them went
                over in the army or not. Albert Edward Ward married Eliza Anderson in
                Woolwich, England. She was born in St. Helena, along with her
                brother, Isaac. So, you see, I don't know who was where and when.
                It's possible your Wards aren't related at all, as there are so many
                of them.

                If any of this looks familiar, let me know.

                <genieandjim@...> wrote:

                > Hi Adele
                >
                > Yes - my grandmother's sister Fainbridge Corker married Fred Ward
                > and they had a son Fred Ward who died on the island in 1994
                However
                > he had a daughter Yelka who lives in the united states in
                Oklahoma.
                > They also had three other children, Betty, James, Peggy and Dotty.
                > have lots of information about this line if you are interested.
                >
                > Regards,
                > Genie
                > On Mar 26, 2007, at 4:14 PM, amclenn1 wrote:
                >
                > > Hi Genie
                > >
                > > I noticed you say you are from the Ward lines. Is this from St.
                > > Helena?
                > >
                > > thanks
                > > Adele
                > >
                > > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Genie Murphy
                > > <genieandjim@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Dear Mr. Le Breton:
                > > >
                > > > I live in the United States and have no other Le Breton
                connection.
                > > > We are the Corker, Thorpe, Ward lines but thank you for your
                prompt
                > > > reply.
                > > >
                > > > genie Murphy

              • John Dady
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 27, 2007

                  Thank you June, it’s john@...

                  <charlesx@.. .> wrote:

                  > Could I have a copy of article please. Not sure it will help but
                  see the family name Knipe included so worth a try. Others of
                  particular interest are Le Breton, Newton and Wills.

                  > Thanking you.
                  >
                  > Charles Le Breton ,
                  w:st="on">New Zealand

                  w:st="on">Wellington dated 1885),
> [...]
                  > > sister
                  > > > and her family. It seems that most of the witnesses listed
                  at
                  > > these
                  > > > events were either related and/or were originally from
                  w:st="on">St
                  Helena
                  > > > too. Most of the witnesses also seemed to have attended this
                  > > church
                  > > > and so sometimes I could see their place of birth in the
                  > records.
                  > > > Some of the surnames that crop up in these records that may
                  be
                  > of
                  > > > interest to this forum are Maggott, Bennett, Connolly and
                  Yon.
                  > > > There may be more - these are just the names that I happened
                  > > pick
                  > > > up on by looking at my family's records.

                  w:st="on">Cape are not