SEFTON, JAMESON, & ELLIOT families of St. Helena

  • Lynn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2007
      Listers,

      I recently received information on two families who emigrated from St.
      Helena to Boston, Massachusetts. The surnames are JAMSON and ELLIOT.

      My ancestors from St. Helena, who emigrated to the USA were: Elizabeth
      Sarah SEFTON, b. 1839 (My G Grandmother, who married John Sanford
      COFFIN.); James Daniel SEFTON, b. 1839; Charlotte SEFTON, b. 1843;
      (Married Jerry BENTON.); and John Hillier SEFTON, b. 1850. A cousin
      of the previous SEFTON's, Benjamin Francis SEFTON, also emigrated to
      the USA, and he resided in Rhode Island. (He had several alias names.)

      My GG Uncle John Hillier SEFTON, residing in Meriden, Connecticut,
      USA, married Harriet (Haddie) JAMESON, b. July 1866, St. Helena, on 29
      June 1892, Boston, Massachusetts. USA. Haddie lived with her Uncle John
      and Aunt Phoebe ELLIOT of St. Helena, who resided in Boston,
      Massachusetts, USA.

      Please respond if you are related or interested in any of
      these "Saints". Thank you.

      Regards,

      Lynn West