RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Julia Eccles (Nee Smith) - Capelolony, St Helena, SA - Daughter Matilda Eccles

  • Die Honnehok
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2007

      The South African archives have a searchable database at :

      http://www.national.archives.gov.za/

      I did a quick search on Eccles and found about 155 references.

      J Regards from Namaqualand ,

      Elize Hough

      ( 027 692 3041

      Ê 088 027 692 3041

      8 www.hondeklip.co.za

         www.hondeklipbay.co.za

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2007
        Thanks Elize,

        there is some very useful info on that site - I am at work at the mo
        so have only had a quick look but will examine more closely this
        evening.

        Great lead - thankyou very much :)

        Jim

        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Die Honnehok" <dog@...>
        wrote:

        > The South African archives have a searchable database at :
        >
        > http://www.national.archives.gov.za/
        >
        > I did a quick search on Eccles and found about 155 references.
        > J Regards from Namaqualand,
        > Elize Hough
        > ( 027 692 3041
        > Ê 088 027 692 3041