William Henley & Family

  • Brian M Morley
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2004
      Hi Listers
      I have at long last had some success in trying to trace my 3 X Great
      Grandfather & his family. The details I have at this stage are:

      It appears that he married Ann RENTON on the island of St. Helena on 23
      November 1818
      (OIOC ref. N/6/2/172). She had been baptised there on 24 October 1802
      (N/6/2/1), her parents being James RENTON and Sarah CLOUGH, who as a
      widower and widow had married on 21 April 1800 (N/6/1/136). Their first
      child was a
      daughter, Jane, born on 10 October 1819 (and baptised on 14 November -
      N/6/2/189); they subsequently had two sons, William and Peter, born
      respectively on 9 February 1827 and 4 June 1829 (baptisms recorded @
      N/6/3/37 & N/6/3/75).

      William Henley is referred to throughout as being a sergeant in the St.
      Helena Artillery.

      There is no mention of my GGgrandmother Esther (Hesther) HENLEY born St
      Helena 16 July 1823 baptised in 1824?

      What I would like to know is what other children (if any) were born to
      William Henley?
      I would like to know his DOB & where he was born?
      Who his parents were and where they came from? and
      His Service Records I have No dates of where or when he was
      enlisted/discharged.

      Could SKS be able to do lookups for me as I cannot seem to be able to access
      the information contained in:
      A2A - Nominal and Muster Roll of the St Helena Artillery, Infantry, Invalids
      and Pensioners
      Brian M Morley
      Sunny Ipswich Queensland Australia