St Helena Family History forum news

  • A.H. Schulenburg
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4 6:51 AM
      Dear List Members,

      I am sorry to convey news of the death of Trevor Hearl, the renowned St Helena historian, who has been a great help to many of us, even if by the old fashioned means of snail mail.  He died aged 82 and will be much missed both as a colleague and a friend.

      One list member who greatfuly acknowledges Trevor's help is Colin Fox, who has just published a fine St Helena family history.  The details are

      Colin Fox, 'The Bennett Letters: A 19th Century Family in St Helena, England and the Cape'
      (Gloucester: Choir Press, 2006)  [256 pages, incl. ill.]

      Lastly, the St Helena Institute's webpages have moved to a new server and have been somewhat revamped by omitting much non-essential material.  They are still accessible via http://www.st-helena.org.  Further updates to the family history pages are in progress.

      Best regards,

      Alexander Schulenburg
      THE ST HELENA INSTITUTE