RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Margaret Legg

  • Christine Adams
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2007
      I have St. Helena Legg ancestry, and have done a fair amount of research on
      my own Legg lines. I show 1 Margaret Amelia Legg, b. 2 May 1825, daughter of
      Samuel John and Sarah Robinson Legg. There were doubtless others, but I have
      no record of them.
      If you think this Margaret could be yours, or if you are able to move back
      another generation, please let me know, and I will share whatever relevant
      information I have.
      Christine

      "My gt gt grandmother Margaret Legg was B1830/1 in St Helena she died 1877
      Bradford ,Yorkshire, England.I know she married( Henry Madden B1830/1
      Islington Middlesex,London England) in St Helena C1853 as 1st child Thomas
      B1854 St Helena.."

      Awards´┐Ż http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2
    • BARRY PORTER
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2007
        Hello Christine,
                              I have Margaret's Death Certificate and census records for 1861 & 1871 in England.I know how inaccurate they can be, but all three documents seem to have her birth around 1830/1.
                             I was wondering though about her son B1861 he was called Henry Samuel and he passed that name down to his son, also Margaret S B1858/9 no trace of her after 1861 assume she died wonder if her middle name Sarah. I will try again to trace her Birth or Death in England.I have no further information about Ancestors in St Helena only that Margaret was married prior to Henry Madden,His name was Gommon?.
                                             Thankyou
                                                  Jean

        Christine Adams <adamslab2@...> wrote:
        I have St. Helena Legg ancestry, and have done a fair amount of research on
        my own Legg lines. I show 1 Margaret Amelia Legg, b. 2 May 1825, daughter of
        Samuel John and Sarah Robinson Legg. There were doubtless others, but I have
        no record of them.
        If you think this Margaret could be yours, or if you are able to move back
        another generation, please let me know, and I will share whatever relevant
        information I have.
        Christine

        "My gt gt grandmother Margaret Legg was B1830/1 in St Helena she died 1877
        Bradford ,Yorkshire, England.I know she married( Henry Madden B1830/1
        Islington Middlesex,London England) in St Helena C1853 as 1st child Thomas
        B1854 St Helena.."

        Awards® http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2

        http://www.st-helena.org

        Yahoo! Groups Links