Richards Family

  • Faltus
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2007
      My research for my great grandmother (ELIZABETH RICHARDS) is and is not
      being sucessful. I have (through her marriage records and relatives) that
      she was born on St. Helena (June 10, 1841). Her voyage to New Bedford, Mass
      (and later records are all established).

      I cannot seem to find any additional information on the family in St.
      Helena. There is a THOMAS RICHARDS (which is Elizabeth's father's name) that
      is listed in the 1814 St. Helena census (taken Sept 30th 1814 showing
      (THOMAS RICHARDS, 1 WOMAN, 3 BOYS, 3 GIRLS) (taken from the LDS microfilm
      #1259088) and refers to the East India Co. 1678-1836 Volumn Feb 1813, Feb
      1815. This could possibly be the GRANDFATHER of Elizabeth but I cannot seem
      to locate any additional information on the children (3 boys and 3 girls)
      shown on the census.

      Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

      Everett Faltus