Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Bennett/Crosher

  • Beryl Segers
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2006
      Hi Everyone

      I am trying to trace my father's background. I believe he was born Benjamin Bennett and was later adopted by the Crosher family. He moved from St Helena when he was a young boy. In Cape Town he lived with the Baileys. We know very little about his background. He had no living immediate family as far as we know. He named by my brothers George, Andrew and Owen after some of his family members.

      Can anyone please advise me where to start looking for information. He was born on 15 July 1914 and died in Cape Town in 174 at the age of 60.

      I live in Sydney, Australia.

      Kind Regards
      Beryl Segers