Seeking family Yon/Thomas

  • Dorothy Yon
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2004
      Douglas Yon (born in Cape Town, now residing in Melbourne Australia) will visit St Helena for a cou0le of days in April 2005. Am eldest son of Revil and grandson of Frank Roman Yon and Beryl Johanna (nee Thomas) married on St Helena, prior to migrating to Cape town with  children Jack, Frank and Donald in early 1900.

      Very interested in roots,  will welcome info on relatives on the island.

    • peter_cluer
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 22, 2004
        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Dorothy Yon
        <d4dot2004@y...> wrote:
        > Douglas Yon (born in Cape Town, now residing in Melbourne
        Australia) will visit St Helena for a cou0le of days in April 2005.
        Am eldest son of Revil and grandson of Frank Roman Yon and Beryl
        Johanna (nee Thomas) married on St Helena, prior to migrating to Cape
        town with children Jack, Frank and Donald in early 1900.

        > Very interested in roots, will welcome info on relatives on the
        island.

        > Regards
        >

        > ---------------------------------
      • wienernicolette
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 16, 2005
          Hi, Dorothy
          I am not sure if we are related, but this is the information i could
          get from my grandfather, George Stephen Yon.
          His father was William Boisse Yon who had siblings John, George,
          Mary and Sarah. They were all from St Helena. His father married
          Jane neè Goss of Somerset East. He worked on the Port Elizabeth
          breakwater as a diver's attendant.

          My grandfather's siblings were Ernest, William, Caroline, Macy
          (Franks) and Robert. My grandfather married Edith Lee Jones.

          If you have any information please let me know urgently. My
          grandfather turns 92 this year and I would like to present him with
          a family tree for his birthday.

          Thanking you.

          Kind regards

          Nicolette Wiener (neè Yon)
        • gnorris51
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 14, 2005
            --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "wienernicolette" <wienernicolette@y...>
            wrote:

            > Hi, Dorothy
            > I am not sure if we are related, but this is the information i could
            > get from my grandfather, George Stephen Yon.
            > His father was William Boisse Yon who had siblings John, George,
            > Mary and Sarah. They were all from St Helena. His father married
            > Jane neè Goss of Somerset East. He worked on the Port Elizabeth
            > breakwater as a diver's attendant.
            >
            > My grandfather's siblings were Ernest, William, Caroline, Macy
            > (Franks) and Robert. My grandfather married Edith Lee Jones.
            >
            > If you have any information please let me know urgently. My
            > grandfather turns 92 this year and I would like to present him with
            > a family tree for his birthday.
            >
            > Thanking you.

            > Kind regards
            >
            > Nicolette Wiener (neè Yon)

            Nicolette:

            I know a few threads - Sarah Corker married somebody YON whose daughter was named
            Daphne (Babsie)

            Genie Norris Murphy