[St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: photographs

  • amclenn1
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
      Thanks for the info and also pictures - still looking for more if
      anyone has any.

      Adele

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Sthelena Postcards"
      <sthelena.postcards@...> wrote:

      > The Hangings took place from early times when Slaves were hanged
      for trying to escape, and the tree was suppose to be the place of the
      hangings. The first around 1694.
      > tales are passed down and how many and where others were hanged
      > The Fountain in the centre of the road was erected in memory of
      those killed in the rock falls of 1890 when eight people were
      killed . I believe it went for scrap metal in the 1940's.Does anyone
      know what really happened to it?