Re: Bennett, Solomon, family history

  • klvinci
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2006
      Hello,
      I'm new to the group, and to genealogy research in general, but I thought I'd take a shot in
      the dark here.

      I've looked over the wonderful information on the Bennett Letters site, but I'm not certain
      any of those Bennetts are the beentts I'm searching.

      If anyone should find a mention of a John Bennett, (I'm guessing born ~1825 or 30) on St.
      Helena, I'd be interested.
      The details I have are thin, at best. Our family frequently uses middle names, so John may
      not have even been his first. He emigrated to Canada sometime before 1850, as his
      children were born in Ontario - William J. - b 1850, Elizabeth - b 1855, James Stewart
      - b 1858, and Joseph A. - b 1864.
      From that point there seems to be an unending line of James and Johns, althought Joseph
      had a daughter Florence. The only clue I have to his place of birth is that St Helena is
      listed on several U.S. census records.

      Thanks,

      Kelleye Bennett-Vinci