Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Still waiting

  • amclenn1
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2006
      Hey there Genie - were your Ward people on St. Helena? I know of no
      Corker people in our Ward's background but then again, I know very
      little.
      All I can tell you is that a Ward married Eliza Anderson who was born
      on St. Helena. She and her brother Isaac Anderson both show in the
      1880 British census for Woolwich. So, the main St. Helena name I am
      looking at is Anderson.
      My mother-in-law always referred to her gt-grandmother as Sarah
      Prosser, and said she was Jewish. From the little I've uncovered, I
      expect that her Sarah Prosser was the mother of Eliza and Isaac
      Anderson. However, no Prosser has come up anywhere in my research.
      I also don't know if there were any Ward's in S-H, perhaps in the
      army??? If so, maybe where the connection with the Andersons came
      from.
      As for Ward, it's mostly Albert Edward Ward that I keep seeing, and
      seems to be a few of them.
      Hope someone can help.

      Adele

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Genie Murphy
      <genieandjim@...> wrote:

      > Adele:
      >
      > I know Ward - They are descendent of Fainbridge Corker who married
      > Frederick Ward and they had a son Fred Ward who married Mary
      Theresa
      > Smith (In South Africa) there were three other children of the
      > Corker/Ward union - a James, Peggie and Dottie. I have some dates
      > etc. if you have any interest.
      >
      > Genie Murphy
      > On Nov 5, 2006, at 6:52 AM, Adele wrote:
      >

      > > James, I am reading the forum whenever a new posting comes up.
      > > Unfortunately, I've not received any help in regards to my
      > > husband's family.
      > > I do have a distant cousin of my husband's who has applied to
      the
      > > island archivist but it appears it will take some time.
      > >
      > > I am interested in some of the letters such as yours, as it
      gives
      > > me a bit of insight into what the island was like in the 18th
      > > century. Fingers crossed that someone will recognize the names
      I've
      > > mentioned in the past: Ward, Anderson, and possibly Prosser -
      AND