Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Still waiting

  • Genie Murphy
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2006
      Adele:

      I know Ward - They are descendent of Fainbridge Corker who married Frederick Ward and they had a son Fred Ward who married Mary Theresa Smith (In South Africa)  there were three other children of the Corker/Ward union - a James, Peggie and Dottie.  I have some dates etc. if you have any interest.

      Genie Murphy
      On Nov 5, 2006, at 6:52 AM, Adele wrote:

      James, I am reading the forum whenever a new posting comes up. Unfortunately, I've not received any help in regards to my husband's family.
      I do have a distant cousin of my husband's who has applied to the island archivist but it appears it will take some time.

      I am interested in some of the letters such as yours, as it gives me a bit of insight into what the island was like in the 18th century. Fingers crossed that someone will recognize the names I've mentioned in the past: Ward, Anderson, and possibly Prosser - AND possibly some of them Jewish.

      Adele

    • amclenn1
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2006
        Hey there Genie - were your Ward people on St. Helena? I know of no
        Corker people in our Ward's background but then again, I know very
        little.
        All I can tell you is that a Ward married Eliza Anderson who was born
        on St. Helena. She and her brother Isaac Anderson both show in the
        1880 British census for Woolwich. So, the main St. Helena name I am
        looking at is Anderson.
        My mother-in-law always referred to her gt-grandmother as Sarah
        Prosser, and said she was Jewish. From the little I've uncovered, I
        expect that her Sarah Prosser was the mother of Eliza and Isaac
        Anderson. However, no Prosser has come up anywhere in my research.
        I also don't know if there were any Ward's in S-H, perhaps in the
        army??? If so, maybe where the connection with the Andersons came
        from.
        As for Ward, it's mostly Albert Edward Ward that I keep seeing, and
        seems to be a few of them.
        Hope someone can help.

        Adele

        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Genie Murphy