Bennett, Solomon, family history

  • foxhome
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2006

      Member of the forum – particularly those with any Bennett, or Solomon (or Pritchard, and Hodson) interest my find something of useful in their researches on my website www.thebennettletters.com

      The site includes some photos of St Helena as well as a listing of all Bennetts and Solomons in the British Library card index system

      Regards

      Colin Fox

    • klvinci
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 28, 2006
        Hello,
        I'm new to the group, and to genealogy research in general, but I thought I'd take a shot in
        the dark here.

        I've looked over the wonderful information on the Bennett Letters site, but I'm not certain
        any of those Bennetts are the beentts I'm searching.

        If anyone should find a mention of a John Bennett, (I'm guessing born ~1825 or 30) on St.
        Helena, I'd be interested.
        The details I have are thin, at best. Our family frequently uses middle names, so John may
        not have even been his first. He emigrated to Canada sometime before 1850, as his
        children were born in Ontario - William J. - b 1850, Elizabeth - b 1855, James Stewart
        - b 1858, and Joseph A. - b 1864.
        From that point there seems to be an unending line of James and Johns, althought Joseph
        had a daughter Florence. The only clue I have to his place of birth is that St Helena is
        listed on several U.S. census records.

        Thanks,

        Kelleye Bennett-Vinci