Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] James Richards, Harriet Wade and Sophia

  • Peter Morgan
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2006
      My gggrandfather was also very dark, and while we have been unable to trace his parents, he said that his father was a "native of St. Helena", we have always believed that he was either black or Indian, now perhaps Portugese has been thrown into the mix?  I havent posted for a long time - can anyone give me ideas how I can verify if his father was in the native companies on St. Helena?
      Cheers,
      Ally Morgan
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 8, 2006
        Hello James.

        I was going over some old correspondence last weekend and came across the name of:

        Grund, Rainer
        E-mail Address(es):
          rainer.grund@...

        It has been quite a while since I last corresponded with him but it seemed that he lived in Europe and vacationed at St. Helena. He did some work on the history of St. Helena for me and also was able to find the paper with the date that the "Young Phoenix" was in port and that was the ship my great grandmother came to the US on. It seems that someplace I have a note stating that he had retired and had moved to St. Helena.

        I have not been able to find him but, if you have some connections they may be able to help.

        Just a thought.

        Everett

      • Faltus
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 8, 2006