Balcombe Macintosh Reynolds Murray Leason

  • Caroline Gaden
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2006
      Hello Everyone
      I am researching a Yorkshire connection with St Helena and I hope you may be able to help with information about the Island end of the link
      Teavil Leason was from South Cave in Yorkshire. An army man, he was on St Helena in 1817 and refers to the company Balcombe and Macintosh and also Reynolds Murry. The Balcombe is William who was at The Briars in the time of Napoleon and I have all the references to their relationship, what I am after is more information about Balcombe in the pre-Napoleon times, eg when did he first arrive on St Helena, and especially his business dealings.
      If you can offer any further information or point me in the right direction I would be delighted.
      Many thanks
      Caroline Gaden
      Northern NSW
      Australia