Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Richards and a question about Saints' family names e.g. Yon

  • Faltus
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2006
      I seem to have misplaced your message and am replying by memory.

      First of all, your question about my Elizabeth being black creates another quandry for my research. First of all, Elizabeth had a sister Diane who accompanied her to the States on the ship "Young Phenix" but I have not been able to find any additional information. There is no mention (that I have been able to find) of her in the Census records, marrage or death records. I did receive a message from a cousin whose mother mentioned that (ELIZABETH WAS "LIGHT" AND DIANE WAS "REAL DARK"). My grandmother (Elizabeth's daughter) never (to my knowledge) mentioned her family that I know of. There were 10 children (9 daughters and 1 son) and none that I can recall had any features that could raise any doubts. However it is a possibility.

      I am going back through my older records to see if there is something that I had overlooked and will keep you informed, please do the same.

      Have a good day,

      Everett

      I may have mentioned this before but I had some information from a Richards who lived in St. Helena a few years (I believe he worked for the newspaper. But he never was able to get me any information.