Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Pantaleon Guerra b. 1846

  • Cathy Barraza
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2006
      Hi,

      I just wanted to post an update on my search for info about my gg-grandfather, Pantaleon Guerra. The info I had initially located on familysearch.org did in fact pertain to him but was incorrect. I recently viewed his christening and marriage records on microflim. Both records do say that he was born in "Santa Elena" but as it turns out, this is a reference to a town in Nuevo Leon which was at one time called Hacienda de Santa Elena. Whoever posted the info at familysearch mistakenly assumed it was a reference to the Atlantic island. But that hardly would have been possible considering that when he was baptized in Marin, Nuevo Leon, Mexico  he was just 9 days old. Just wanted to share...

      Cathy

      "A.H.Schulenburg" <ahs@...> wrote:
      I wonder if the St Helena in question is St Helena Island, South Carolina,
      which is also in the Atlantic.

      Do you have nay further information?

      Regards,
      Alexander Schulenburg