Teavil Leason/Leeson

  • Caroline Gaden
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2006
      Hello everyone
      I am trying to establish if Teavil Leeson/Leason was on the island of St
      Helena around the 1812-14 time frame. My reference to him suggests he was an
      army captain and may have been the officer in charge at some stage during
      Napoleon's exile there, but it then says "there is no evidence to support
      this", just that it was a rumour about him in his village when he returned
      home to Yorkshire.
      I have checked some of my other books but he is not listed but in some
      family correspondence he was writing to the Balcombe family who were on the
      Island which suggests he could well have been there. Would love to know
      where to look!
      Many thanks
      Caroline Gaden