Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Maggott

  • LLOYD SCOTT
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 17, 2006
      He had an Aunt called Rhoda who lived in Brooklyn Cape Town. xhe died after 1988 in Cape TOwn.

      Where do you fit in/

      Lloyd Scott

      johndady2003 <john@...> wrote:

      It seems that this Albert John Maggott is the son of Albert ???
      Maggott who was brother to John Henry. Other brothers were
      Benjamin, Arthur and a sister Rhodda. Some of this is falling into
      place - many thanks

      John Dady

      --- In st-helena-genealogy @yahoogroups. com, LLOYD SCOTT
      <lloydcheyne2000@ ...> wrote:

      > I know of a Albert John Maggott who still lives in Cape Town. He
      is 80 years old born 15th July 1926.

      > I went to visit him on a trip to South Africa in June 2005.
      >
      > Lloyd Scott
      >
      > johndady2003 <john@...> wrote:
      > I'm just starting on this project and not too sure of
      these "facts" -
      > or where I got them from - but I would welome any corroboration.
      >
      > 1. JOHN BENJAMIN MAGGOTT was born sometime after 1868 in St
      > Helena. He married BERNETTA FANNY SMITH December 25, 1890
      (Christmas
      > day - could this be right?)in Jamestown St Helena. She was born
      > sometime after 1869 - probably in St Helena.
      >
      > Marriage Notes for JOHN MAGGOTT and BERNETTA SMITH:
      > Officiating Minister was Stephen J Ellis, Vicar
      > Witnesses were Edward Thomas Junr and Maria Maggott
      >
      > Child of JOHN BENJAMIN MAGGOTT and BERNETTA SMITH is:
      >
      > 2. JOHN HENRY MAGGOTT who was born 1898 in St Helena, and died
      > 1935 in Cape Town South Africa. He married GRACE ELIZABETH WARD.
      >
      > John Henry Maggott was my maternal grandfather.
      >
      > John Dady
      >

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      > Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new
      Yahoo! Mail.

    • John Dady
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 20, 2006

        John Henry Maggott (brother of Rhoda) married Grace Elizabeth Ward and had a daughter Iris Grace – born 20 February 1920.  Iris is Albert John’s cousin and my mother. She now lives in Enfield , London .

        And what is your connexion?

        Regards

        John

        <lloydcheyne2000@ ...> wrote:

        > I know of a Albert John Maggott who still lives in Cape Town . He
        is 80 years old born 15th July 1926.

        > I went to visit him on a trip to South Africa in June 2005.
        >
        > Lloyd Scott
        >
        > johndady2003 <john@...> wrote:
        > I'm just starting on this project and not too sure of
        these "facts" -
        > or where I got them from - but I would welome any corroboration.
        >
        > 1. JOHN BENJAMIN MAGGOTT was born sometime after 1868 in St
        > Helena . He married BERNETTA FANNY SMITH December 25, 1890
        (Christmas
        > day - could this be right?)in Jamestown St Helena . She was born
        > sometime after 1869 - probably in St Helena .
        >
        > Marriage Notes for JOHN MAGGOTT and BERNETTA SMITH:
        > Officiating Minister was Stephen J Ellis, Vicar
        > Witnesses were Edward Thomas Junr and Maria Maggott
        >
        > Child of JOHN BENJAMIN MAGGOTT and BERNETTA SMITH is:
        >
        > 2. JOHN HENRY MAGGOTT who was born 1898 in St Helena, and died
        > 1935 in Cape Town South Africa. He married GRACE ELIZABETH WARD.
        >
        > John Henry Maggott was my maternal grandfather.
        >
        > John Dady

        > Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new
        Yahoo! Mail.

      • Leonard Meek
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2009
          My G-G-Grandfather came from St. Helena in 1844. His name was Charles
          L. Magnett, but I think it was originally Maggott. His father's name
          was Benjamin, and his brother's name was also Benjamin. Does anyone
          know of a definite connection between Magnett and Maggott?