Maggott

  • johndady2003
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2006
      I'm just starting on this project and not too sure of these "facts" -
      or where I got them from - but I would welome any corroboration.

      1. JOHN BENJAMIN MAGGOTT was born sometime after 1868 in St
      Helena. He married BERNETTA FANNY SMITH December 25, 1890 (Christmas
      day - could this be right?)in Jamestown St Helena. She was born
      sometime after 1869 - probably in St Helena.

      Marriage Notes for JOHN MAGGOTT and BERNETTA SMITH:
      Officiating Minister was Stephen J Ellis, Vicar
      Witnesses were Edward Thomas Junr and Maria Maggott

      Child of JOHN BENJAMIN MAGGOTT and BERNETTA SMITH is:

      2. JOHN HENRY MAGGOTT who was born 1898 in St Helena, and died
      1935 in Cape Town South Africa. He married GRACE ELIZABETH WARD.

      John Henry Maggott was my maternal grandfather.

      John Dady
    • LLOYD SCOTT

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 17, 2006
          It seems that this Albert John Maggott is the son of Albert ???
          Maggott who was brother to John Henry. Other brothers were
          Benjamin, Arthur and a sister Rhodda. Some of this is falling into
          place - many thanks

          John Dady

          --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, LLOYD SCOTT
          <lloydcheyne2000@...> wrote:

          > I know of a Albert John Maggott who still lives in Cape Town. He
          is 80 years old born 15th July 1926.

          > I went to visit him on a trip to South Africa in June 2005.
          >
          > Lloyd Scott
          >
          > johndady2003 <john@...> wrote:
          > I'm just starting on this project and not too sure of
          these "facts" -
          > or where I got them from - but I would welome any corroboration.
          >
          > 1. JOHN BENJAMIN MAGGOTT was born sometime after 1868 in St
          > Helena. He married BERNETTA FANNY SMITH December 25, 1890
          (Christmas
          > day - could this be right?)in Jamestown St Helena. She was born
          > sometime after 1869 - probably in St Helena.
          >
          > Marriage Notes for JOHN MAGGOTT and BERNETTA SMITH:
          > Officiating Minister was Stephen J Ellis, Vicar
          > Witnesses were Edward Thomas Junr and Maria Maggott
          >
          > Child of JOHN BENJAMIN MAGGOTT and BERNETTA SMITH is:
          >
          > 2. JOHN HENRY MAGGOTT who was born 1898 in St Helena, and died
          > 1935 in Cape Town South Africa. He married GRACE ELIZABETH WARD.
          >
          > John Henry Maggott was my maternal grandfather.
          >
          > John Dady
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new
          Yahoo! Mail.

        • LLOYD SCOTT
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 17, 2006
            He had an Aunt called Rhoda who lived in Brooklyn Cape Town. xhe died after 1988 in Cape TOwn.

            Where do you fit in/

            Lloyd Scott

            <lloydcheyne2000@ ...> wrote:

            > I know of a Albert John Maggott who still lives in Cape Town. He
            is 80 years old born 15th July 1926.

            > I went to visit him on a trip to South Africa in June 2005.
            >
            > Lloyd Scott
            >
            > johndady2003 <john@...> wrote:
            > I'm just starting on this project and not too sure of
            these "facts" -
            > or where I got them from - but I would welome any corroboration.
            >
            > 1. JOHN BENJAMIN MAGGOTT was born sometime after 1868 in St
            > Helena. He married BERNETTA FANNY SMITH December 25, 1890
            (Christmas
            > day - could this be right?)in Jamestown St Helena. She was born
            > sometime after 1869 - probably in St Helena.
            >
            > Marriage Notes for JOHN MAGGOTT and BERNETTA SMITH:
            > Officiating Minister was Stephen J Ellis, Vicar
            > Witnesses were Edward Thomas Junr and Maria Maggott
            >
            > Child of JOHN BENJAMIN MAGGOTT and BERNETTA SMITH is:
            >
            > 2. JOHN HENRY MAGGOTT who was born 1898 in St Helena, and died
            > 1935 in Cape Town South Africa. He married GRACE ELIZABETH WARD.
            >
            > John Henry Maggott was my maternal grandfather.
            >
            > John Dady
            >

            > ------------ --------- --------- ---
            > Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new
            Yahoo! Mail.

          • John Dady
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 20, 2006

              John Henry Maggott (brother of Rhoda) married Grace Elizabeth Ward and had a daughter Iris Grace – born 20 February 1920.  Iris is Albert John’s cousin and my mother. She now lives in Enfield , London .

              And what is your connexion?

              Regards

              John

              <lloydcheyne2000@ ...> wrote:

              > I know of a Albert John Maggott who still lives in Cape Town . He
              is 80 years old born 15th July 1926.

              > I went to visit him on a trip to South Africa in June 2005.
              >
              > Lloyd Scott
              >
              > johndady2003 <john@...> wrote:
              > I'm just starting on this project and not too sure of
              these "facts" -
              > or where I got them from - but I would welome any corroboration.
              >
              > 1. JOHN BENJAMIN MAGGOTT was born sometime after 1868 in St
              > Helena . He married BERNETTA FANNY SMITH December 25, 1890
              (Christmas
              > day - could this be right?)in Jamestown St Helena . She was born
              > sometime after 1869 - probably in St Helena .
              >
              > Marriage Notes for JOHN MAGGOTT and BERNETTA SMITH:
              > Officiating Minister was Stephen J Ellis, Vicar
              > Witnesses were Edward Thomas Junr and Maria Maggott
              >
              > Child of JOHN BENJAMIN MAGGOTT and BERNETTA SMITH is:
              >
              > 2. JOHN HENRY MAGGOTT who was born 1898 in St Helena, and died
              > 1935 in Cape Town South Africa. He married GRACE ELIZABETH WARD.
              >
              > John Henry Maggott was my maternal grandfather.
              >
              > John Dady

              > Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new
              Yahoo! Mail.

            • Leonard Meek
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 8, 2009
                My G-G-Grandfather came from St. Helena in 1844. His name was Charles
                L. Magnett, but I think it was originally Maggott. His father's name
                was Benjamin, and his brother's name was also Benjamin. Does anyone
                know of a definite connection between Magnett and Maggott?