St Helena - Genealogy tools - Lists of army/Navy

  • drralphenstein
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006
      I know that one of my ancestor's was on the island of St Helena
      sometime around or shortly after the time that Napoleon was on the
      island. My guess is that he was with the British Navy, could have been
      the army though.

      Does anybody know of any reference sources that lists the military
      personnel present on the island. Pay books, service records etc?
    • Alan Brigham
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006
        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "drralphenstein"
        <drralphenstein@...> wrote:

        > I know that one of my ancestor's was on the island of St Helena
        > sometime around or shortly after the time that Napoleon was on the
        > island. My guess is that he was with the British Navy, could have
        been
        > the army though.
        >
        > Does anybody know of any reference sources that lists the military
        > personnel present on the island. Pay books, service records etc?

        The British Library in London seens to hold a lot. Also, visit your
        local LDS Church Reading Rooms. They have a HUGE collection of films
        on St Helena topics; available to order.
      • Angela Booth
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2006

          Hi

          I have a few resources I can look up for you. If you send me details, I will see what I can find for you

          Angela

          Sydney