Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Devlins and Clingan / Clairmont around 1856

  • FFCUK@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 25, 2006
      Hi Clifford,

      The Clingans/Clinghams are probably the same family. In those days (pre 19th Century), very few people could write and spellings were often flawed and done phonetically so changed at just about every life event. Does Rosie have an E-mail address that I can use to contact her? She may be able to help me link my "Clingan"-derived family to the Clinghams.

      Many Thanks

      Dr Frank F Craig