Re: Thomas Hunter

  • Brian Hunter
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17 1:05 AM
      Hello Annie:

      Thank you for replying to my posting.

      I stand corrected. Please forgive me.

      It was remiss of me to describe the St Helena IGI data on the Family
      search site as parish records. To be truthful - I have admit that I
      do not know the origins of the primary records. I suspect that most
      of them were obtained, for religeous reasons, by representatives of
      the Mormon Church, from the Bishops Transcrips and not the St
      Helena Parish registers.

      In this instance my main intention was to pass on, to other
      researchers, a tip about the usefulness of the batch number
      facility. In the case of the St Helena data, it proved helpful to me
      use it to structure the family groupings in alphabetical order, thus
      allowing me to identify siblings whose existance and first name
      were not previously known to me.

      Personally I know that I will never be able to visit the archives to
      see the primary sources and I very much appreciate the the
      generosity of the Church of Latter Day Saints in making this data
      available to family history reserchers worldwide on microfich and on
      the family Search website.

      Brian Hunter