Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Thomas Hunter

  • Alan Baker
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2006
      Hi Brian. My great great grandmother was Ann Leech but she was born on St
      Helena on 9 November 1799 (died 1848) so is obviously not the one you are
      looking for. Ann Leech married my great great grandfather John Sampson on
      21 October 1823 and they had 10 children one of whom (Julia) had Leech as a
      middle name. My great great grandmother was the daughter of George Leech and
      Ann Kennedy. This would appear to have no connection with the Hunter family
      but when you are researching your family history you never know where a clue
      will come from!

      Over the last 8 years we have built up the Sampson family history back to
      1773. We are now about to visit St Helena to look into the records there. We
      will keep an eye out for any references to Thomas Hunter and Ann Leech.

      Regards
      Diana Baker