Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] cryswil27 - Whittaker Ancestors

  • violet4597
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2006
      If only they knew we would be looking for them so many years later! I
      often ask myself why I wasn't more inquisitive as a child. Should
      have asked more questions.

      I suppose you've looked at the usual sources such as Church Records,
      civil registers of Births, Deaths and Marriages, newspapers etc. I
      have a good start on 4 of my 8 great grandparents using conventional
      sources.

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Crystal Williams
      <cryswil27@...> wrote:

      > Thanx - it has been frustrating for me - I don't know why my family
      never kept any records - everyone knows she came from the island
      because she often spoke about it but no-one knows what her maiden
      surname was or what her parents names was.