Dasey James William DOB 22 April 1817

  • brachyscone
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2006
      My gg grandfather James William Dasey was born on St Helena in 1817
      he came to Australia early 1830's and married Elizabeth Cunningham
      born 17 March 1821 Enniskillen, Ireland.
      They were married at St Heliers property Muswellbrook, NSW Australia
      in 1844.

      According to NSW Birth, deaths and marriages Patrick died in 1895 at
      Bundarra. His father's name was Patrick and his mothers name was Ellen.

      I'm trying to find out anything about Patrick and Ellen. Such as when
      Patrick and/or Ellen ??? (don't know her surname) arrived in St Helena
      When they were born and where etc.

      If anyone can throw light on any of this I'd really appreciate it.

      I'm thinking about putting together a sort of family tree for my 1st
      grandchild, Noah Edward, so he'll have an understanding of at least
      part of his family background.

      My g grandfather was Wyandah John Dasey, my grandfather Henry Wyandah
      and my father John Henry Francis(Frank)Dasey. We were all born in NSW,
      Australia.

      I really upset the apple cart, as a first born, by not being a male.

      I've discovered there is quite an advantage in having a surname such
      as Dasey when trying to trace the family tree.
      When we moved to Sydney and had the phone connected in the 1950's we
      were the only one in the Sydney telephone directory.
      Now there are 8.

      Pam Smith nee Dasey