Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re yon/Wright and Richards

  • Faltus
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24 1:55 PM
      I myself am 80 years old and have traced my mother's side (through the MORSE Family) back to the 1500's, my father's side to the1700's, but am at a loss trying to get my great grandmother's (Richards) side of the family. I am sure she came over on the Whaling Ship as a nanny for the Captain's (Shockley's) spouse on the Young Phenix as the paper states the ship was in the harbor in 1861 and she was working for the Shockley Family after her arrival to New Bedrord, Mass.