cryswil27 - Whittaker Ancestors

  • Violet Wagner
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24 11:38 AM

      I can't seem to reply to Crystal's message directly so I'm having to take the roundabout route.

      It is very likely that James and Louisa had a daughter named Louisa as the name has come down the generations. My grandmother, Susan van Heerden (nee Whittaker) had a sister Louisa who became a Mrs Mulligan.   My older sister's second name was Louisa, for instance, and one of my mother's sisters also had Louisa as a second name.

      However, I have not yet found the names of any of their children except my great grandfather, James Whittaker, so I can't really give you a positive answer.

      Vi Wagner

      V L Wagner
    • Crystal Williams

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30 12:06 AM
          If only they knew we would be looking for them so many years later! I
          often ask myself why I wasn't more inquisitive as a child. Should
          have asked more questions.

          I suppose you've looked at the usual sources such as Church Records,
          civil registers of Births, Deaths and Marriages, newspapers etc. I
          have a good start on 4 of my 8 great grandparents using conventional
          sources.

          --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Crystal Williams