Elizabeth Richards

  • Faltus
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23 2:41 AM
      My great grandmother (Elizabeth Richards) was born on St. Helena between
      1839/1841. She came to the United States on a whaling ship (the Young
      Phenix) about 1861 as a "nanny" for the captain's spouse and newborn baby.
      Her father was supposedly named Thomas and was a jeweler.

      Your 1814 census shows a Thomas Richards with a spouse and six children (3
      boys and 3 girls). Could this be her grandfather ?

      Any information would be appreciated. Thanks