Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Devlins and Clingan / Clairmont around 1856

  • FFCUK@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
      Thanks for the info.Its been difficult as there have been many diffrent name spellings emerging. Clingham is another one.

      F Craig
    • Clifford Masters
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23, 2006
        Hi LLoyd
                      My wife was a Clingham, She left St.Helena in 1961, Her mother died just over a year ago,  Her Sister Rosie is still on St.Helena.
        Regards
        Clifford Masters
        sthelena.postcards@...

        LLOYD SCOTT <lloydcheyne2000@...> wrote:
        They might have left the island in later years as their was a large Clingham family in Mossel Bay South Africa. All New Apostolics by the way.

        Lloyd Scott
        Scotland

        Hi,

        I have ancestors who were married on Saint Helena (Henry Devlin (born
        Ireland) and Catherine Clirmon/Clingen/Clinning (born on Saint
        Helena) on 2nd August 1856. They had a daughter Catherine Devlin born
        in Saint Helena on 14 May 1863 and registered in the Catholic Church.

        Does anyone know of any Devlins or Clirmon/Clingen/Clinnings on Saint
        Helena around this timeline?

        Many Thanks

      • FFCUK@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 25, 2006
          Hi Clifford,

          The Clingans/Clinghams are probably the same family. In those days (pre 19th Century), very few people could write and spellings were often flawed and done phonetically so changed at just about every life event. Does Rosie have an E-mail address that I can use to contact her? She may be able to help me link my "Clingan"-derived family to the Clinghams.

          Many Thanks

          Dr Frank F Craig

[...]

          http://www.st-helena.org

          United kingdom calling cardCalling united kingdomUnited kingdom flower delivery
          Call united kingdomUnited kingdom floristUnited kingdom phone card

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • Clifford Masters