Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Yon/March/Bennett

  • June Beard
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2006
      Hello  there,
      I  thank you  for your email,  i have a friend who is related to the Marches  and  Yons  , i am not sure if its  the same relations , there were  Two John March's her father John March was  born she thinks 1916, his fathers name was Robert March they lived at Salt Spring on the Island , Her father was married  to Saul Yons  daughter  Daisy .
      And the other John March were married to Florence  Roberts .
        I do hope that this little info will be of help , my friends name is Mavis .
       regards June.

      L CAMROODIEN <labieqah@...> wrote:
      Hi, I've just started researching my family history and would be interested to hear from anybody who may have come across the following names:

      Richard Peters (born St Helena 1878/9) married Florence Louisa March (born St Helena 12/2/1886) - married in Cape Town 7/7/1903

      Florence was my ggm and she had a sister, Mary Jane March (born St Helena 28/5/1884), who married Albert Thomas Bennett (born St Helena 20/12/1879) - they married in Cape Town on 9/1/1905.

      Florence and Mary Jane's parents were John March (born 1857/58) and Louisa Yon (born 1862) who married in 1881.  Louisa Yon may have had a sister - Julia Yon who married James Twaites (or Thwaites) in 1879.

      I have a few other Yon and Bennett names, and an Alice March, but I've not figured out yet how they fit in.

      Labieqah

    • Labieqah Camroodien