Richards Family

  • grmpz77
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2006
      Am trying to locate information on my great grandmother (ELIZABETH
      RICHARDS) who was born on St. Helena about 1851. Her father was THOMAS
      RICHARDS and, I believe he was a jeweler.
    • Susan Cockcroft
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hi There grmpz77

        Our family names are Richards and Essex - My Great grandmother was Essex and
        she married into the Richards family..

        Please contact my mother who is doing our family history to confirm
        information.. wowbaker@.... we may just be from the same family..
        cheers

        Susan Cockcroft

        KHEPERA sTUDIO CC
        Phone / Fax :011 615 5143
        Mobile : 082 458 3627

        Am trying to locate information on my great grandmother (ELIZABETH
        RICHARDS) who was born on St. Helena about 1851. Her father was THOMAS
        RICHARDS and, I believe he was a jeweler.

        http://www.st-helena.org

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Faltus
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2007
          My research for my great grandmother (ELIZABETH RICHARDS) is and is not
          being sucessful. I have (through her marriage records and relatives) that
          she was born on St. Helena (June 10, 1841). Her voyage to New Bedford, Mass
          (and later records are all established).

          I cannot seem to find any additional information on the family in St.
          Helena. There is a THOMAS RICHARDS (which is Elizabeth's father's name) that
          is listed in the 1814 St. Helena census (taken Sept 30th 1814 showing
          (THOMAS RICHARDS, 1 WOMAN, 3 BOYS, 3 GIRLS) (taken from the LDS microfilm
          #1259088) and refers to the East India Co. 1678-1836 Volumn Feb 1813, Feb
          1815. This could possibly be the GRANDFATHER of Elizabeth but I cannot seem
          to locate any additional information on the children (3 boys and 3 girls)
          shown on the census.

          Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

          Everett Faltus