Yon/March/Bennett

  • L CAMROODIEN
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2006
      Hi, I've just started researching my family history and would be interested to hear from anybody who may have come across the following names:

      Richard Peters (born St Helena 1878/9) married Florence Louisa March (born St Helena 12/2/1886) - married in Cape Town 7/7/1903

      Florence was my ggm and she had a sister, Mary Jane March (born St Helena 28/5/1884), who married Albert Thomas Bennett (born St Helena 20/12/1879) - they married in Cape Town on 9/1/1905.

      Florence and Mary Jane's parents were John March (born 1857/58) and Louisa Yon (born 1862) who married in 1881.  Louisa Yon may have had a sister - Julia Yon who married James Twaites (or Thwaites) in 1879.

      I have a few other Yon and Bennett names, and an Alice March, but I've not figured out yet how they fit in.

      Labieqah
    • June Beard
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2006
        Hello  there,
        I  thank you  for your email,  i have a friend who is related to the Marches  and  Yons  , i am not sure if its  the same relations , there were  Two John March's her father John March was  born she thinks 1916, his fathers name was Robert March they lived at Salt Spring on the Island , Her father was married  to Saul Yons  daughter  Daisy .
        And the other John March were married to Florence  Roberts .
          I do hope that this little info will be of help , my friends name is Mavis .
         regards June.

        L CAMROODIEN <labieqah@...> wrote:
        Hi, I've just started researching my family history and would be interested to hear from anybody who may have come across the following names:

        Richard Peters (born St Helena 1878/9) married Florence Louisa March (born St Helena 12/2/1886) - married in Cape Town 7/7/1903

        Florence was my ggm and she had a sister, Mary Jane March (born St Helena 28/5/1884), who married Albert Thomas Bennett (born St Helena 20/12/1879) - they married in Cape Town on 9/1/1905.

        Florence and Mary Jane's parents were John March (born 1857/58) and Louisa Yon (born 1862) who married in 1881.  Louisa Yon may have had a sister - Julia Yon who married James Twaites (or Thwaites) in 1879.

        I have a few other Yon and Bennett names, and an Alice March, but I've not figured out yet how they fit in.

        Labieqah

      • Labieqah Camroodien