Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Scott / Beechey

  • LLOYD SCOTT
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2006
      I have a Gertrude Florence Scott that was in South Africa in 1938/9
      Is their a connection?
      Their was an Elizabeth Beechey in 1895 in South Africa too.
      1882 James Beechey South Africa.
      1881 JUames Beechey will South Africa.

      Lloyd Scott

      su_rowbotham <su.monkey@...> wrote:
      I am trying to trace my grandmothers family. She was born on St Helena
      in 1901 her name was Lillian Beechey. Her mother Gertrude Florence
      Scott was also born on the island, she married William Beechey. If
      anyone has any links or information of these families, or they can
      point me in the right direction, I would be most grateful.

    • su rowbotham
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2006
        Lloyd
        Thank you for responding.
        I actually know very little, as I am in the early stages of trying to trace my tree, and with very limited experience on the best way to do things.
        My maternal grandmother Lillian St Helena Beechey was born, I believe, on the island 14/02/1901.
        Her father was William Beechey (b.1875 approx), her mother Gertrude Florence Scott, was born again on the island (28/09/1880?).Gertrude had at least 2 siblings that I am aware of. Lucy who at some stage also came to England, and I think Charles who went to Australia. This is all information I have gleaned from relatives,so some of the dates may be inaccurate. Gertrude and William left the island in 1901 but then returned to St Helena very shortly after. They left at some point and made their way back to England via South Africa and Buenos Aries.
        This is probably way too much information, but you never know, some of it may link up.
        Thanks again.
        Su Rowbotham