Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] (unknown)

  • Nielsen-Ferreira
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 19, 2006
      Dear Ricky,
      Will you be able to tell me if there  still are
      Thomas families left on the Island?
      My great grandfather, Richard Thomas,  left
      St Helena  for South Africa. I am sure that
      some relatives remained behind and their
      offspring may still be on the Island still.
      June
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 19, 2006
        NB: This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice
        which can be viewed at http://www.doj.gov.za/2004dojsite/ab_web/disclaimer.htm
        Good morning Ricky
        Do you know if there are any HOPKINS family residing on St Helena.

        My ggmother's cousin PHOEBE ISABELLA HOPKINS was born on the
        island abt 1898.  She arrived in SA (as a slave I believe) abt 1914 and married a
        HARWOOD abt 1924.  I would like info on her family members if possible.
        I would also like to know if I could get confirmation of her birth/baptism. She
        belonged to the Church of England in SA.  Her father arrived in St Helena from
        Wales.  No other details available.  However, someone on the island might remember
        her or be connected to her in some way.
        Any assistance at all would be most welcome.

        Regards
        Merlynn Marion
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 22, 2006
          hiya there are tons of Thomas's still on the Island one of the bigger surnames tthere to.
          There are also Thomas's form St Helena living in Cape Town.

          Where are you from and wot part of the Island did your family came from

          Rick
        • Nielsen-Ferreira
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 23, 2006
            Hi Rick
            Thanks for responding. The Richard Thomas descendants
             are mostly living In Wellington and  Mitchells Plain.
            One group lived in Harfield Road. If family names like
            Richard, James, Susan, John Andrew, Charlotte , Robert,
            Henrietta, Annie, Louisa ring a bell to you, let me know.
            I am not sure from which part of the Island my great-grandfather
            was from. That is what I wish to find out.
            I believe there were several Thomas males in the group
            with Richard Thomas. (They may be related or not).
            June

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
              Hi Rick

              Do you know if there are/were any families with the surname DAVIDS on the island?  I am looking for any Davids who left the island between 1880-1900 to come to cape town? my grandfather thinks his grandmother's surname might have been davids - all i know is her name is Louisa and she was definitely from the island
              thanx!
              Crystal

              Acesolo12@... wrote:
              hiya there are tons of Thomas's still on the Island one of the bigger surnames tthere to.
              There are also Thomas's form St Helena living in Cape Town.

              Where are you from and wot part of the Island did your family came from

              Rick

              http://www.st-helena.org

              Yahoo! Photos

            • Pat martindale
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
                Hi all,

                Does anyone have any information on

                Hannah Christana Bowers m James Sim 25th December 1876

                I do know many of the Sim family are still on the
                Island.

                This enquiry is for a friend who left St Helena around
                45 years ago.

                Thanks and best wishes Pat

                http://mail.yahoo.com