Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] (unknown)

  • Acesolo12@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 16, 2006
      hiya Trian
      my name's Ricky Thomas was born on the island am now 40 dont know how old you are or where you are from i live here in the UK in Kent and know alot f people still on the Island dont know your grandmother but if you know of any know family member still on the Island, if you could give me a name or names i am sure i would beable to find out where your grandmother is.

      Rick

    • Nielsen-Ferreira
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 19, 2006
        Dear Ricky,
        Will you be able to tell me if there  still are
        Thomas families left on the Island?
        My great grandfather, Richard Thomas,  left
        St Helena  for South Africa. I am sure that
        some relatives remained behind and their
        offspring may still be on the Island still.
        June
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 19, 2006
          NB: This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice
          which can be viewed at http://www.doj.gov.za/2004dojsite/ab_web/disclaimer.htm
          Good morning Ricky
          Do you know if there are any HOPKINS family residing on St Helena.

          My ggmother's cousin PHOEBE ISABELLA HOPKINS was born on the
          island abt 1898.  She arrived in SA (as a slave I believe) abt 1914 and married a
          HARWOOD abt 1924.  I would like info on her family members if possible.
          I would also like to know if I could get confirmation of her birth/baptism. She
          belonged to the Church of England in SA.  Her father arrived in St Helena from
          Wales.  No other details available.  However, someone on the island might remember
          her or be connected to her in some way.
          Any assistance at all would be most welcome.

          Regards
          Merlynn Marion
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 22, 2006
            hiya there are tons of Thomas's still on the Island one of the bigger surnames tthere to.
            There are also Thomas's form St Helena living in Cape Town.

            Where are you from and wot part of the Island did your family came from

            Rick
          • Nielsen-Ferreira
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 23, 2006
              Hi Rick
              Thanks for responding. The Richard Thomas descendants
               are mostly living In Wellington and  Mitchells Plain.
              One group lived in Harfield Road. If family names like
              Richard, James, Susan, John Andrew, Charlotte , Robert,
              Henrietta, Annie, Louisa ring a bell to you, let me know.
              I am not sure from which part of the Island my great-grandfather
              was from. That is what I wish to find out.
              I believe there were several Thomas males in the group
              with Richard Thomas. (They may be related or not).
              June

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
                Hi Rick

                Do you know if there are/were any families with the surname DAVIDS on the island?  I am looking for any Davids who left the island between 1880-1900 to come to cape town? my grandfather thinks his grandmother's surname might have been davids - all i know is her name is Louisa and she was definitely from the island
                thanx!
                Crystal

                Acesolo12@... wrote:
                hiya there are tons of Thomas's still on the Island one of the bigger surnames tthere to.
                There are also Thomas's form St Helena living in Cape Town.

                Where are you from and wot part of the Island did your family came from

                Rick

                http://www.st-helena.org

                Yahoo! Photos

              • Pat martindale
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
                  Hi all,

                  Does anyone have any information on

                  Hannah Christana Bowers m James Sim 25th December 1876

                  I do know many of the Sim family are still on the
                  Island.

                  This enquiry is for a friend who left St Helena around
                  45 years ago.

                  Thanks and best wishes Pat

                  http://mail.yahoo.com