Re: John Reed

  • Alan Brigham
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 14, 2005
      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "mark953597"
      <mark.hall39@b...> wrote:

      > Three years??
      > My descendants will be searching for me soon :))
      >
      > regards
      > Mark (not John)
      > [Hanging on]

      Ho ho!

      You wait till you start looking for a John Smith in London in the
      early 1600s. Three years work on him and I'm ready for something to
      eat. My hairdresser will kill me when I eventually get out of this
      chair!

      Seriously though, this is a real search; so if anyone knows any
      fishmongers called Smith ...
    • mark953597
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 17, 2006
        My last request has probably been swallowed up by now, so I thought
        I'd have another go.

        I have a John Reed who is shown as being born on St Helena c.1823

        He was back in Sunderland, England by the 1850's.

        I have no idea why he was there. Was he in the army? Were his parents
        still there when he left? Did they return with him?

        Anything on any Reed, Reid, Reade from that era or even a family with
        that name still on the island would be appreciated.

        regards
        Mark