Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] india office records/st.helena artillery

  • deborah jenkins
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2005
      peter,
      can you tell me how i can order specific documents from the LDS? i am wanting to order births 1853-1898 film number 1259104 and marriages 1852-1930 and index to deaths 1887-1936
      i am struggling, please help
      deborah

      peter_cluer <petercluer2004@...> wrote:

      If you go on to website "family search.org"click on library then
      click on library catalogue to get into the catalogue,you will find a
      list of searches.Click on Title Search,type in east india company
      military records or india office records, up should come a list
      relating to the east india company.Some records are in books,some on
      fiche and some on microfilm.You can order these through your local
      family history reading centres.Good Hunting.Regards Peter

      http://www.st-helena.org

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • deborah jenkins

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 14, 2005

          Deborah,  I put ‘LDS family history centres Uk’ into Google and came up with this site.

          http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/LDS/centres.txt

          This tell you the address of all the LDS family history centres in the UK and their telephone numbers – try calling your nearest one – they’re very friendly and won’t try and turn you in a latter day saint

          I’m afraid the member of this forum cannot expect to get all the answers from their computers – they have to do what the rest of us do and get out to the archives themselves

          All the best

          Colin

        • petercluer2004@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 12, 2006
            Hi Deborah,Go to your nearest Mormon Church that has a family history reading centre.They will order the films for you but you must read them there.Regards Peter
          • debvaljenkins
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 17, 2006
              i now have the documents coming from south africa, am too excited!