John Reed

  • mark953597
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi

      I'm looking for any information on a John Reed who was born on St
      Helena in 1823.

      Who were his parents? Why was he on the island?

      I know he had left the island and returned to Bishopwearmouth
      (Sunderland) by 1851 but exactly when I don't know.

      He married a Mary from Sunderland shortly after returning home and
      started a family.

      Many thanks for looking
      best wishes
      Mark
    • debvaljenkins
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 13, 2005

        hi john, hang in there, i am in the same boat as you with regards to
        finding a william srmstrong from st helena who moved to
        derby.........have been working on this for over 3 years! it takes
        time but you will piece things togather slowly
        cheers deborah!

        - In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "mark953597"
        <mark.hall39@b...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I'm looking for any information on a John Reed who was born on St
        > Helena in 1823.
        >
        > Who were his parents? Why was he on the island?
        >
        > I know he had left the island and returned to Bishopwearmouth
        > (Sunderland) by 1851 but exactly when I don't know.
        >
        > He married a Mary from Sunderland shortly after returning home and
        > started a family.
        >
        > Many thanks for looking
        > best wishes
        > Mark

      • mark953597
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 14, 2005
          Three years??
          My descendants will be searching for me soon :))

          regards
          Mark (not John)
          [Hanging on]
        • Alan Brigham
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 14, 2005
            <mark.hall39@b...> wrote:

            > Three years??
            > My descendants will be searching for me soon :))
            >
            > regards
            > Mark (not John)
            > [Hanging on]

            Ho ho!

            You wait till you start looking for a John Smith in London in the
            early 1600s. Three years work on him and I'm ready for something to
            eat. My hairdresser will kill me when I eventually get out of this
            chair!

            Seriously though, this is a real search; so if anyone knows any
            fishmongers called Smith ...
          • mark953597
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 17, 2006
              My last request has probably been swallowed up by now, so I thought
              I'd have another go.

              I have a John Reed who is shown as being born on St Helena c.1823

              He was back in Sunderland, England by the 1850's.

              I have no idea why he was there. Was he in the army? Were his parents
              still there when he left? Did they return with him?

              Anything on any Reed, Reid, Reade from that era or even a family with
              that name still on the island would be appreciated.

              regards
              Mark