Re: Mussell family

  • dngskll
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 15, 2005
      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "hrldrigby"
      <harry.rigby@t...> wrote:

      > I am trying to find the relatives of my wifes grandmother born in
      St
      > Helena about 1873.Caroline Maria Mussell. I have her marriage in
      St
      > Helena and information after that.
      > Has anyone visited St Helena from UK to do family research and if
      so
      > was it worth the expense please.
      > Harry

      Hello Harry, I visited St Helena in May/June this year to research
      my family history. Surname Thomas. I was able to trace backward 3
      generations but not forward to my generation. It is very expensive
      and you need at least a month if not longer for the travel from
      England and time on the Island. Is it worth it? I loved every
      minute of my journey. Met many interesting people and made friends
      with whom I hope to keep in touch. It may have been cheaper to pay
      someone to research my family history from the London Archives and I
      probably would have got more information but the Island is unique
      and I don't regret one penny spent on the journey, although I
      probably won't be able to afford a return visit.

      Diane
    • hrldrigby
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 20, 2005
        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "dngskll" <diane_202@h...>