Mussell family

  • hrldrigby
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2005
      I am trying to find the relatives of my wifes grandmother born in St
      Helena about 1873.Caroline Maria Mussell. I have her marriage in St
      Helena and information after that.
      Has anyone visited St Helena from UK to do family research and if so
      was it worth the expense please.
      Harry
    • dngskll
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2005
        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "hrldrigby"
        <harry.rigby@t...> wrote:

        > I am trying to find the relatives of my wifes grandmother born in
        St
        > Helena about 1873.Caroline Maria Mussell. I have her marriage in
        St
        > Helena and information after that.
        > Has anyone visited St Helena from UK to do family research and if
        so
        > was it worth the expense please.
        > Harry

        Hello Harry, I visited St Helena in May/June this year to research
        my family history. Surname Thomas. I was able to trace backward 3
        generations but not forward to my generation. It is very expensive
        and you need at least a month if not longer for the travel from
        England and time on the Island. Is it worth it? I loved every
        minute of my journey. Met many interesting people and made friends
        with whom I hope to keep in touch. It may have been cheaper to pay
        someone to research my family history from the London Archives and I
        probably would have got more information but the Island is unique
        and I don't regret one penny spent on the journey, although I
        probably won't be able to afford a return visit.

        Diane
      • hrldrigby
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 20, 2005
          --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "dngskll" <diane_202@h...>