RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Salter/Bennett

  • LLOYD SCOTT
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005
      As a geneologist I am pleased that I could be of assistance to you. All donations are unquestionably accepted as I have moved to Scotland to conduct Geneology research for many persons.
      This record is for a birth of a child on the 11 January 1895.

      Thanking you

      Lloyd Scott (geneologist)

      foxhome <colin@...> wrote:

      Lloyd, Thanks for this info. This man has a distant sideways connection to my family tree. I have his wife’s name as Bertha Eden Baker. Otherwise it fits in with my info. Children’s names were  Rex, Mabel, Alan, Daisy and Percy.

      Do you know what date this was from?

      Thanks

      Colin Fox

      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

        South Africa Death Notice

        Reference #2732
        Deceased: James William THOMAS
        Birthplace/Nationality: St. Helena
        Parents: William THOMAS
        Age: 49 years, 8 months
        Occupation: Stevedore
        Residence:
        Marital Status: Married
        Surviving Spouse: Maria THOMAS (nee THOMAS)
        Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death:
        Place of Last Marriage:
        Day of Decease: 12 August 1901
        Where died: 28 Newmarket Street, Cape Town
        Children/whether major or minor: Mary, minor; Agnes, minor; Isabella, minor; John, minor; Martin, minor; Frank, minor
        Movable Property? Yes
        Immovable Property?
        Estate exceeds £300?
        Will? Yes
        Informant: Maria THOMAS, wife of deceased (her mark)
        Dated at: Cape Town the: 16th day of: August 1901
        Witness: P. M. BEAUFORT

        Lloyd Scott

        Australia/Scotland

      • LLOYD SCOTT
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

          South Africa Death Notice

          Reference #555
          Deceased: Eliza Ann HILL (nee ADAMS)
          Birthplace/Nationality: Island of St. Helena, South Atlantic Ocean
          Parents: Unknown HARRIS, "particulars ascertainable from Birth Certificate of deceased now being obtained"
          Age: 48
          Occupation:
          Residence:
          Marital Status: Married
          Surviving Spouse: George Henry HILL
          Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death: James ADAMS, died about 17 June 1904
          Place of Last Marriage:
          Day of Decease: 17 December 1906
          Where died: 60 Foxhall Road, Blackpool, Lancaster, England
          Children/whether major or minor: George Claude ADAMS, born 22nd September 1885, issue of the marriage of deceased with the said late James ADAMS
          Movable Property? Yes
          Immovable Property? Yes
          Estate exceeds £300?
          Will? Yes
          Informant: George Claude ADAMS, son of deceased and Executor Nominate
          Dated at: East London the: 13th day of: February 1907

          Lloyd Scott

          South Africa/Australia/Scotland

        • debvaljenkins
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 13, 2005
            ---

            try the LDS family search,
            this is excellent
            good luck
            deb

            tryIn st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "cryswil27"
            <cryswil27@y...> wrote:

            > Where / how do I get- is it possible to obtain a list of all
            marriages
            > on the island between 1850-1900?
            > Crystal

          • tania.wicks
            Message 5 of 19 , May 23, 2011
              I see this email was sent in 2000, however I think my great Grandmother may have possibly been Mary Thomas, a child of James William Thomas. I have tried to find this death record of the NAAIRS website, however it does not come up. Where was this record found?

              ANY help would be greatly appreciated
              Tania

              --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, LLOYD SCOTT <lloydcheyne2000@...> wrote