RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Salter/Bennett

  • foxhome
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005

      Lloyd, Thanks for this info. This man has a distant sideways connection to my family tree. I have his wife’s name as Bertha Eden Baker. Otherwise it fits in with my info. Children’s names were  Rex, Mabel, Alan, Daisy and Percy.

      Do you know what date this was from?

      Thanks

      Colin Fox

      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005
        As a geneologist I am pleased that I could be of assistance to you. All donations are unquestionably accepted as I have moved to Scotland to conduct Geneology research for many persons.
        This record is for a birth of a child on the 11 January 1895.

        Thanking you

        Lloyd Scott (geneologist)

        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

          South Africa Death Notice

          Reference #2732
          Deceased: James William THOMAS
          Birthplace/Nationality: St. Helena
          Parents: William THOMAS
          Age: 49 years, 8 months
          Occupation: Stevedore
          Residence:
          Marital Status: Married
          Surviving Spouse: Maria THOMAS (nee THOMAS)
          Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death:
          Place of Last Marriage:
          Day of Decease: 12 August 1901
          Where died: 28 Newmarket Street, Cape Town
          Children/whether major or minor: Mary, minor; Agnes, minor; Isabella, minor; John, minor; Martin, minor; Frank, minor
          Movable Property? Yes
          Immovable Property?
          Estate exceeds £300?
          Will? Yes
          Informant: Maria THOMAS, wife of deceased (her mark)
          Dated at: Cape Town the: 16th day of: August 1901
          Witness: P. M. BEAUFORT

          Lloyd Scott

          Australia/Scotland

        • LLOYD SCOTT
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

            South Africa Death Notice

            Reference #555
            Deceased: Eliza Ann HILL (nee ADAMS)
            Birthplace/Nationality: Island of St. Helena, South Atlantic Ocean
            Parents: Unknown HARRIS, "particulars ascertainable from Birth Certificate of deceased now being obtained"
            Age: 48
            Occupation:
            Residence:
            Marital Status: Married
            Surviving Spouse: George Henry HILL
            Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death: James ADAMS, died about 17 June 1904
            Place of Last Marriage:
            Day of Decease: 17 December 1906
            Where died: 60 Foxhall Road, Blackpool, Lancaster, England
            Children/whether major or minor: George Claude ADAMS, born 22nd September 1885, issue of the marriage of deceased with the said late James ADAMS
            Movable Property? Yes
            Immovable Property? Yes
            Estate exceeds £300?
            Will? Yes
            Informant: George Claude ADAMS, son of deceased and Executor Nominate
            Dated at: East London the: 13th day of: February 1907

            Lloyd Scott

            South Africa/Australia/Scotland

          • debvaljenkins
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 13, 2005
              ---

              try the LDS family search,
              this is excellent
              good luck
              deb

              tryIn st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "cryswil27"
              <cryswil27@y...> wrote:

              > Where / how do I get- is it possible to obtain a list of all
              marriages
              > on the island between 1850-1900?
              > Crystal

            • tania.wicks
              Message 6 of 19 , May 23, 2011
                I see this email was sent in 2000, however I think my great Grandmother may have possibly been Mary Thomas, a child of James William Thomas. I have tried to find this death record of the NAAIRS website, however it does not come up. Where was this record found?

                ANY help would be greatly appreciated
                Tania

                --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, LLOYD SCOTT <lloydcheyne2000@...> wrote