Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Graves

  • LLOYD SCOTT
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

      GRAVES, Sarah Hockwell, 35, St. Helena, Widow of Lansenid GRAVES, 11/25/1823

      Lloyd Scott

      Scotland/Australia

    • foxhome
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005

        Lloyd, Thanks for this info. This man has a distant sideways connection to my family tree. I have his wife’s name as Bertha Eden Baker. Otherwise it fits in with my info. Children’s names were  Rex, Mabel, Alan, Daisy and Percy.

        Do you know what date this was from?

        Thanks

        Colin Fox

        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005
          As a geneologist I am pleased that I could be of assistance to you. All donations are unquestionably accepted as I have moved to Scotland to conduct Geneology research for many persons.
          This record is for a birth of a child on the 11 January 1895.

          Thanking you

          Lloyd Scott (geneologist)

          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

            South Africa Death Notice

            Reference #2732
            Deceased: James William THOMAS
            Birthplace/Nationality: St. Helena
            Parents: William THOMAS
            Age: 49 years, 8 months
            Occupation: Stevedore
            Residence:
            Marital Status: Married
            Surviving Spouse: Maria THOMAS (nee THOMAS)
            Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death:
            Place of Last Marriage:
            Day of Decease: 12 August 1901
            Where died: 28 Newmarket Street, Cape Town
            Children/whether major or minor: Mary, minor; Agnes, minor; Isabella, minor; John, minor; Martin, minor; Frank, minor
            Movable Property? Yes
            Immovable Property?
            Estate exceeds £300?
            Will? Yes
            Informant: Maria THOMAS, wife of deceased (her mark)
            Dated at: Cape Town the: 16th day of: August 1901
            Witness: P. M. BEAUFORT

            Lloyd Scott

            Australia/Scotland

          • LLOYD SCOTT
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

              South Africa Death Notice

              Reference #555
              Deceased: Eliza Ann HILL (nee ADAMS)
              Birthplace/Nationality: Island of St. Helena, South Atlantic Ocean
              Parents: Unknown HARRIS, "particulars ascertainable from Birth Certificate of deceased now being obtained"
              Age: 48
              Occupation:
              Residence:
              Marital Status: Married
              Surviving Spouse: George Henry HILL
              Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death: James ADAMS, died about 17 June 1904
              Place of Last Marriage:
              Day of Decease: 17 December 1906
              Where died: 60 Foxhall Road, Blackpool, Lancaster, England
              Children/whether major or minor: George Claude ADAMS, born 22nd September 1885, issue of the marriage of deceased with the said late James ADAMS
              Movable Property? Yes
              Immovable Property? Yes
              Estate exceeds £300?
              Will? Yes
              Informant: George Claude ADAMS, son of deceased and Executor Nominate
              Dated at: East London the: 13th day of: February 1907

              Lloyd Scott

              South Africa/Australia/Scotland

            • debvaljenkins
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 13, 2005
                ---

                try the LDS family search,
                this is excellent
                good luck
                deb

                tryIn st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "cryswil27"
                <cryswil27@y...> wrote:

                > Where / how do I get- is it possible to obtain a list of all
                marriages
                > on the island between 1850-1900?
                > Crystal

              • tania.wicks
                Message 7 of 19 , May 23, 2011
                  I see this email was sent in 2000, however I think my great Grandmother may have possibly been Mary Thomas, a child of James William Thomas. I have tried to find this death record of the NAAIRS website, however it does not come up. Where was this record found?

                  ANY help would be greatly appreciated
                  Tania

                  --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, LLOYD SCOTT <lloydcheyne2000@...> wrote